ix. a trip to remember

SIRIUS RESTED HIS HEAD ON the table, he was going to be here for a while. Apparently his performance was disruptive to the Quidditch team who were in the middle of practicing, James said it was alright - for fucks sake he even came up with the idea! - Professor McGonagall was another case. Detention with Professor Slughorn was as boring as life would ever get. At least McGonagall took the time to reply back to his annoying comments, Slughorn just told him to stay quiet, which wasn't in his ball park.

"Sluggy, what did we do in the last Potions lesson again?" Sirius asked, drumming his fingers on the desk.

"You would know if you bothered to come to that lesson Mr Black," Slughorn shook his head, "I should really be giving you a detention for that-"

The door burst open, everybody in the room turned around to see who was at the door. Slughorn tutted, "You don't have detention today, Miss Wilson."

Neveah awkwardly smiled, "I know that, sir. Professor McGonagall sent me here to talk to you."

"What about?" Slughorn gestured for her to come forward. Neveah stole a glance at Sirius, who merely grinned.

"Nothing much, just strategies for the Slytherin Quidditch team," Neveah shrugged.

"Why would Minerva send strategies for the opposing team?" Slughorn crossed his arms, "This isn't a trick, is it? McGonagall should know better than to try trick me, she's just angry because she knows I'll win the bet-"

"No, this isn't a trick, Professor," Neveah argued, every student in the room was watching the interaction. "Professor McGonagall just thought-"

Slughorn cut her off, "I don't care what Minerva thought, she ought to stop being such a sore loser." He turned around to grab something and Neveah gestured at the window and pointed at Sirius, mouthing, "Sneak out the window."

She abruptly stopped when Slughorn turned back around, "Professor McGonagall wants to give you these strategies, Professor. She thinks it will make the game even."

"How so? The game is already even," Slughorn disagreed.

"Professor McGonagall doesn't think so, she also doesn't want to win without a fair fight so she sent me here to give you these strategies," Neveah shrugged.

Slughorn sighed, not bothered to argue any more, "And what are these strategies?"

Sirius stood up from his seat, careful not to make any noise and tip-toed past Slughorn and Neveah, successfully getting behind them where the window was. Sirius winked at his fellow detention mates, causing them to wave back in return. Slughorn noticed them waving and turned around but before he could see Sirius, Neveah gripped his shoulders and turned his body around, cocking her head to the side to indicate to Sirius that he had to leave.