Chapter 2

"11 Wakandans were among those killed during a confrontation between the Avengers and a group of mercenaries in Lagos, Nigeria last month. 

The traditionally reclusive Wakandans were on an outreach mission in Lagos, when the attack occurred."

"Our people's blood is spilled on foreign soil not only because of the actions of criminals but by the indifference of those pledged to stop them. Victory at the expense of the innocent is no victory at all." 

--------

"C'mon, Wanda. You know well enough it was an accident" Savannah tried.

The two stayed quiet for a bit watching the news but not before long did the TV turn off.

Savannah looked back and saw Steve was the one who did it. He nudged his head out the door a bit giving the blonde a hint. She nodded before standing up and leaving through the door.

"Hey, Paul" Savannah cooed as she came across Sam and their son in their room.

"What about me" Sam said jokingly making Savannah roll her eyes and grasp her kid in her arms, an almost forced smile upon her lips.

"You know it wasn't your fault either" Sam said making Savannah pause and look away from the small child.

"I know" Savannah mumbled, "I just wish I could've done something to help, sitting back at a desk all day while letting you and the rest of the Avengers do their job gets irritating sometimes. Especially when I have to watch" Savannah admitted.

She placed her two year old son in his crib as he grasped her pointer finger with his fist.

"I bet it does, but we need someone back here to take care of Paul while we're out in the field" Sam shrugged.

"So I'm automatically 'the chosen one' to do this? Why not just get a nanny or something?" Savannah asked as she looked back at Sam.

"Look, it would be hard enough to have both parents out there fighting, what would happen to Paul if something happened to you or me, or worse, both of us?" Sam reasoned.

"Then why don't we switch off? I'm tired of-" Savannah was cut off as Vision flew through the wall.

"I'm very sorry for interrupting, but Captain Rogers wishes to start a meeting" Vision stated awkwardly for intruding.

Savannah sighed as she looked at Paul, "Thanks Vis, we'll be down in a sec" She responded.

Vision nodded and left gracefully through the wall again.

"We need a compromise, Sam. I can't keep torturing myself like this" Savannah said as Sam sighed and pulled his girlfriend into an embrace.

"Alright....we'll think of something...talk it over with Steve" Sam said stroking her blonde hair, which she had trimmed over the years.

---------

"Five years ago, I had a heart attack and dropped right in the middle of my backswing. Turned out it was the best round of my life because after 13 hours of surgery and a triple bypass, I found something 40 years in the Army had never taught me. Perspective." Secretary Ross stated.

Steve had made contact with Tamara and Pietro Maximoff to come to the meeting, though they weren't exactly Avengers. Tamara said once she got her leg figured out and sorted, she'd come back.

"The world owes the Avengers an unpayable debt. You have fought for us, protected us, risked your lives, but while a great many people see you-" He was cut off as the girl with dirty blonde hair came out of nowhere.