Chapter 5

She landed.

A perfect landing as she rolled along the roof and quickly got to her feet. She ran, following Bucky as he glanced back just to be sure she was still behind them. 

"Buck!" Savannah warned as he got toppled over by a man in some sort of black suit, he looked like a silver eyed cat. 

Bucky made the first move as the cat kicked him in the stomach. Savannah ran faster as she grabbed the backpack, sliding under the cats feet before getting to her feet and running again. 

She didn't get very far as the cat came after her, Savannah dropped the backpack as the cat grabbed at her blonde ponytail, yanking her back. 

A whimpered cry left her mouth as he threw her into one of the thick air vents. She ducked quickly as he tried to claw her face. Bucky came to help, only for the cat to scratch his left arm.

Savannah dodged a high kick the cat sent her way along with an upper cut claw. She tossed the backpack to Bucky as she fought with the black cat.

Finally having enough of her games, the cat slammed her into another air vent with one hand around her neck, the other coming up with long silver tails.

A helicopter came out from around the building shooting at Bucky and Savannah catching the cat off guard.

It was enough distraction for Savannah to gasp for air and slam her knee up making the cat stumble back in pain.

Savannah got out of the way as she saw Sam hit the helicopter and turn it. Savannah ran towards the railing as Bucky and the cat fought, she jumped the edge and landed on another cement beam. 

She jumped down from there and began running since Bucky and the cat weren't far behind, Steve jumped down following the three behind as the helicopter came back.

They shot freely as Savannah jumped over another set of railing, this time she landed in the road. Savannah quickly began running as Bucky son caught up with her.

"Trying to leave without me, huh" His voice was rough and tired as they ran. 

"No, just trying to not get shot" Savannah admitted as they ran faster. The cat and Steve were right on their tail along with police sirens and people swerving their cars in all directions. 

Bucky jumped over a car as Savannah ran around it, the two kept their pace as they ran. Savannah could see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Three police cars came out of nowhere as the two stopped rapidly trying not to get hit as they jumped over hazardous waste bins.

The two continued to run until Bucky came across a motorcycle,  with a quick stop Bucky grabbed the guys handlebars and spun the bike around so he was on it.

It all happened so fast, the next thing Savannah knew she was on the back of his bike resting her head on his back as flashbacks occurred. 

She didn't want the flashbacks, they only came because she remembered being on the back of his motorcycle while on an assignment.

"I remember" She told him as he sped around cars.

"What do you remember?" He asked though his words were slower as he tried to concentrate.

"This, being on your bike. God Buck, I killed someone" She felt Bucky stiffen, though she didn't know why.

She didn't know Bucky knew why, she didn't know he knew she had killed a lot more than just one person. He knew who she was talking about though, and that scared him.

"Shit, Bucky" Savannah warned as the black cat was back. As if it was a reflex, Bucky's arm went up, choking the cat as the bike fell to the left. Savannah kicked the cat away as Bucky got the bike back up.