Chapter 10

Tamara felt betrayed, hurt, in pain, physically and mentally unable to do anything. She sat with her back against the small cell glass wall.

Her hands were bound without one another making sure she couldn't create portals, as for her invisibility...she was put in a suit so they could see her.

Her metal leg had been removed and replaced by a cast, her crutches had fallen over earlier and were toppled on the ground by her left foot.

It wasn't nearly as bad as Wanda, being put in a straightjacket, but it still hurt.

She wouldn't speak, barley ate, even looked paler than usual, her normal peppy self was gone, replaced by one of mourn. But not regret.

The door opened but she didn't move, she didn't care, she didn't flinch.

"The futurist, gentlemen!" Clint started clapping as he announces Stark's arrival.

The man had noticeably gotten bored but had passed the time by sharing his memories with his kids with Scott, the two had shared that attribute.

"The futurist is here! He sees all! He knows what's best for you, whether you like it or not." Clint whined.

"Give me a break, Barton. I had no idea they'd put you here. Come on." Stark reasoned.

"Yeah, well, you knew they'd put us somewhere, Tony." Clint said glancing at the billionaire.

"Yeah, but not some super-max floating ocean pokey. This place is for maniacs. This is a place for..."

"Criminals?" Clint asked. "Criminals, Tony. Think that's the word you're looking for. Right? That didn't used to mean me. Or Sam, or Wanda, Scott or Tammy. But here we are." Clint said hastily.

"Because you broke the law."

"yeah"

"I didn't make you. You read it, you broke it. You're all grown up, you got a wife and kids. I don't understand," Tony spoke

"Why didn't you think about them before you chose the wrong side?" Tony hummed in question.

"You gotta watch your back with this guy. There's a chance he's gonna break it." Clint slammed his hands on the cell.

"Hank Pym always said you never can trust a Stark." Scott said coldly.

"Who are you?" Tony asked.

"Come on, man." Scott scoffed.

Tony stopped at Tamara's cell, she wasn't moving. A mild sense of worry flashed through his mind.

"She hasn't spoken since she save Rhodes" Wanda admitted tiredly.

"Tammy" Tony sighed as he knelt down beside her.

"Its still in my head.....the ringing....the buzz....but I still hear everything around me....its painful Tony....almost unbearable....it was never about choosing sides.....it was never about the law......it was about doing the right thing, following your gut" She spoke slowly, her voice still hoarse from not being used.

"Well your gut was wrong." Stark told her.

"Was it? Look at me Tony, I don't regret what I did and if I had to...I'd do it again. We stick together....speaking of sticking together, how's Rhodes?" Tamara spoke as she turned her gaze to Stark.

His voice caught in his throat as he looked at the girl, her hair had already begun changing back to brunette from the lack of use in powers, her eyes bringing bags under, her skin pale.