8. Can You Blame Us?

The sun was starting to set and I found myself sitting on my orange beach towel watching the sky turn orange. I wanted the sun to dry my hair and body before heading back to the trailers and get back to work. The cast had some night scenes to shoot and my camera and I were also requested to go. Rudy sat next to me, still laughing at something I said about Maddie and Chase and I couldn't resist but to stare at him. I think he was unaware of how good looking he is and how much of a pure energy he emits. Being next to him felt like home and I loved every second of it, and maybe that's why I felt a stronger connection with him compared to the rest of the cast. Rudy looked back at me and smirked.
"What are you looking at?", he asked.
"Just admiring.", I answered, shamelessly. What was the point in denying?
"We've been doing that to each other a lot lately, haven't we?", he laughed, a little embarrassed he got caught.
"Well, I mean,", I made a hand movement referring to our bodies and continued, "can you blame us?"
We both laughed and went back to stare at the sunset.
The thing about Rudy and I is that we were one hundred percent sure that this flirting thing we had between us was something totally harmful and innocent. We didn't make a big deal out of it because it was just an additional factor to our friendship. But you can only take so much compliments and tight hugs and gentle touches until you start to feel something else. Something that's not supposed to be there. Like... love. Maybe I was being impulsive with my feelings and jumping to conclusions way too fast but you can't ignore what your heart feels, right? So that's why I tried thinking with my head and not my heart, otherwise I would probably scare the blonde boy away, make a fool of myself and settle an awkward and uncomfortable atmosphere between us. I wouldn't be able to handle that weight if that happened so I did the best next thing: deny, deny, deny. Wise words from my fictional buddy JJ Maybank.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

drewstarkey
Los Angeles, California

Liked by kellyinwinterland and 120,053 othersdrewstarkey Oldie but a goodie 📸 @kellyinwinterland

drewstarkey Oldie but a goodie 📸 @kellyinwinterland

user Rudy's smile
user2 Damn you're cute
kellyinwinterland ma favorite bois ❤
-hichastestokes @kellyinwinterland I know for a fact I'm THE favorite
-kellyinwinterland @hichasestokes debatable
-rudeth @hichasestokes never bitch
-user3 @hichasestokes @kellyinwinterland @rudeth OMG I love you guys so much
user4 I love you guys and Outer Banks
user5 hottest boys on netflix
-kellyinwinterland facts
-user5 @kellyinwinterland OMG KELLY TELL CHASE I LOVE HIM
-kellyinwinterland @user5 He doesn't deserve it but sure
-user5 @kellyinwinterland ASDFGVJKH I love you guys