15. I'm Not Mad At You

"Dude, you're going to fall in the water."
"Have faith in me, Kelly, would you?"
"Easier said than done."
Rudy sent me an amused look and went back to balancing on the huge tree trunk. I stayed back on the mini beach, where the sand looked more like dirt and twigs covered most of it. Rudy's dog was running around, still deciding on which twig to play with and I entertained myself by taking pictures. Most of them of Rudy, but I was totally keeping those to myself. I crouched down to capture some more detailed pictures of the twigs and some tiny plants and flowers growing in between them. I loved photographing nature, it was my second favorite thing to photograph, the first being people of course. I was so concentrated and so into my own world that the steady steps behind me went completely unnoticed until I was pushed, almost landing face first on the dirt.
"Rudy what the fuck?"
My voice came out angrier than I intended to but it didn't mean I wasn't actually mad, not because Rudy pushed me but because I almost dropped my camera when I tried to hold myself with a hand on the floor. That camera was the most expensive I owned and it would take me three months of salary to buy a new one, believe it or not, getting it fixed would be even more expensive.
Rudy's laugh died down as soon as he saw how serious I looked, meaning I didn't enjoy his little prank one bit.
"Oh, sorry. Did I hurt you? I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to-"
"It's ok, Rudy, you didn't hurt me.", I stood up and shook the dirt from my pants. Rudy didn't say anything for a few seconds and when I looked up at him I felt like the worst person in the world for yelling at him. "I'm sorry I yelled. I just got caught off guard and freaked out because I almost dropped my camera."
"Don't be sorry, I shouldn't have done that. I thought you had the camera around your neck.", he smiled weakly and looked behind him, pretending to be looking for the dog, but I knew he was just avoiding my gaze. He thought I was mad at him and my heart broke. That boy was so precious and I wanted to slap myself for making him sad. God I was such a softie for him. I put the camera around my neck, then swinged it under my arm like a shoulder belt, and hugged Rudy from behind. I smiled when he caressed my wrist and, with my other hand, I pinched his stomach, doing my best to not think about his abs. That moment was too cute to let my mind drift to unholy places.
"I'm not mad at you, ok?"
"You sure?"
"A thousand percent."
He turned around and hugged my head against his chest, squeezing it and making me laugh.
"Stoooop, my face is in your armpit!"
"No it's not!"
"It's very close to it!"
"You're an idiot."
"But you love me anyway."
"That I do."
And the butterflies in my stomach went wild when he grabbed my cheeks and kissed my forehead, letting his lips linger there longer than needed, but enough to let me admit to myself that I was crazy in love with this man. 
"Can we go back now? It's getting really cold."
"Yeah, let's go."

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

rudeth

Liked by kellyinwinterland, madelyncline and 42,304 others rudeth First pic of the new decade needed to be of dogs doing pointless things

rudeth First pic of the new decade needed to be of dogs doing pointless things.

rudeth Also @kellyinwinterland is the coolest photographer ever
user LOVE this pic
kellyinwinterland I just wanted to photograph the dog but... sure, you're welcome
-rudeth @kellyinwinterland why do you treat me like this? :(
-kellyinwinterland @rudeth Sorryyyy I'm kidding! You're the coolest model ever
-madisonbaileybabe @rudeth @kellyinwinterland I thought that was me
-kellyinwinterland @madisonbaileybabe Shhhh he doesn't know that  
user1 Their friendship gives me so much life
-user2 @user1 kelly and rudy give me so much life
-user1 @user2 UGH OMG YE
madelyncline Hey cool jacket
-rudeth @madelyncline right? Thrift find. How'd I get so lucky?
-kellyinwinterland @madelyncline @rudeth I believe I have something to do with that
-rudeth @kellyinwinterland Thanks for taking me shopping mom
-kellyinwinterland @rudeth Anytime son
user3 uh oh mommy kink spotted
-kellyinwinterland @user3 💀💀💀