Meeting Henry

Your doorbell rang a few minutes later. Your sister was practically bouncing in her seat, waiting to see who it was. You walked over and opened it just a bit, so you could step outside.

"Hey. Thank you for coming. I know this isn't exactly how we'd planned things."

"Nonsense. You're meeting my parents in a couple weeks. It would be terribly selfish of me to refuse to meet yours."

"I appreciate it. Just to warn you, my sister is practically shaking with excitement, and she doesn't even know it's you. She's just pieced together that it's someone important because of the NDAs."

"No worries. It's nothing new. I appreciate you having them sign the NDAs on such short notice."

"Of course. Now, if you're ready, let's get this over with."

"Wait. Just a second, please. Would it be inappropriate to ask if I can feel your baby bump? Is that too much?"

"Of course it's not. This is your child inside me. You don't have to ask to touch my belly. I promise it's ok." He smiled and reached out to rest his hand on your stomach. You smiled back as you saw how his eyes lit up.

After a few seconds, he pulled his hand away and nodded so you opened the door. Your sister let out an actual scream when she saw Henry. He smiled wide at that, and chuckled. You looked at him apologetically, but he shook his head a little, telling you it was fine.

"Oh my god! You're Henry fucking Cavill! Holy shit! Henry Cavill is in my sister's house."

You laughed at that, and lifted up to whisper in Henry's ear.

"You've been in a lot more than just my house."

He chuckled and smiled at you, and whispered that you weren't wrong.

"Well, as she's so loudly mentioned, this is Henry. Henry, these are my parents Tom and Claudia. And this is my sister, Jessica."

"It's lovely to meet all of you. I understand that these are unique circumstances, but I hope we can all be friends."

You led them all to the living room, then gestured to the kitchen while making eye contact with Henry. He nodded and excused himself so he could follow you.

"I'm so sorry for my sister. I didn't expect her to actually scream at you."

"Honestly, it's fine. This was practically a tame introduction compared to what I'm used to."

"I just don't want them treating you like you're not a normal guy. Here, I want you to be able to be Henry, my baby daddy, not Henry, the actor."

"Baby daddy, huh?"

"Yup," you said with a pop of the P as you smiled at him.

"I appreciate that, sweetheart. I'd love to be able to be Henry, the normal guy, here. Not 100% sold on the baby daddy label, though." He chuckled and smiled.

"We'll work on it." You smiled and winked at him as the two of you walked back out to the living room.

Your parents started right in on Henry, asking about his intentions for the baby, and what sort of life he planned to provide. They even went as far as to ask him how he could be so irresponsible as to impregnate you out of wedlock.

"We are adults that made an adult decision, and ended up with adult results. It may not be the ideal situation, but this is where we are. This is my child, and I'm going to be here for them. That won't change. I genuinely hope we can get along, but I won't be scared off. I am going to be in my child's life. I am going to be here whether you like it or not."