It's Time

The last eight weeks of your pregnancy seemed to go even slower than the months prior. You were so anxious to meet your daughter.

Now that you and Henry were a couple, you spent even more time together. His sabbatical officially started when the baby was born, but he'd cleared his schedule as much as possible to be around in case you went into labor early.

You were at the grocery store when you felt a contraction. Henry was doing an interview downtown. You finished your shopping and headed home, having only felt one more. They were still almost 30 minutes apart, and you'd only felt two so far. You put away groceries and went about your business. You'd call Henry when they got closer together, if he wasn't back by then. The two of you were together most of the time now.

They started coming a bit quicker, now only 20 minutes apart. You figured you should probably let Henry know, as it was a bit of a drive from where he was, back to Beverly Hills. You hated calling during an interview, but Dany wasn't with him today. She had an important client meeting she couldn't change.

Henry was sitting in a conference room, being taped for a video interview. He'd been at it for about a half hour, and was anxious for it to end. Luckily, it had been primarily about his movies and his upcoming projects. He didn't mention his sabbatical. That wasn't anyone else's business. His phone started playing the ringtone he had set for your contact, and he held up his hand.

"Excuse me. I have to check this."

The interviewer nodded and indicated to the videographer to stop rolling.

"Hey, sweetheart."

"Hey, babe. I'm having contractions. They are about 20 minutes apart. They started when I was at the grocery store a couple hours ago, but just started getting closer."

"Alright. Hang on just a second, love. I'm in my interview still. Let me see how long it'll be."

He pulled the phone away from his ear.

"How much longer will we be here?"

"Twenty to thirty minutes at the most."

"Did you hear that, love?"

"Yeah. That shouldn't be an issue. I'll see you when you get back. I love you."

"I love you too, sweetheart."

He hung up and turned back to the interviewer. He knew she'd heard the exchange, and would want to ask questions about him telling someone he loved them.

She waved her hand to get the tape rolling again.

"We're back at it with Henry Cavill, after a short break for a phone call."

He nodded.

"So, Henry. That sounded like an exchange between significant others. Care to share about that?"

"I'm not going to go into detail, but yes. That was my girlfriend."

"I think I just heard the collective heartbreak from all of your fans."

He chuckled at that.

"How long have you been together?"

"Not long, but we've known each other awhile."

"Congratulations. She must be pretty special to capture Superman's heart."

"She didn't. She captured Henry's heart."

"That's so sweet. Now, back to our..."

His phone rang again before she could finish her sentence. He held up his hand again.

"Sweetheart? Everything alright?"

"My water just broke, and my contractions are getting close. They are only 10 minutes apart now, and they hurt."

"I'm on my way, love. Do you want me to come home or meet you there?"

"Meet me there. I'll Uber."

"Ok, I'll see you soon. I love you."

"I love you too."

"I'm sorry. I have to dash. My girlfriend's water just broke." He knew he was spilling the secret about the baby, but the two of you had talked about it and decided that once she was born, you wouldn't hide it anymore.

He pulled off the microphone and grabbed his jacket and water. He was out of the room and headed to his car before the interviewer had the chance to respond. She was excited though. She had an exclusive story about Henry Cavill's girlfriend having a baby, including him announcing it on video.

Henry knew Dany and his publicist would be on his ass about telling the world the way he did, but he didn't care. His baby girl was going to be here soon, and he couldn't wait.

He was at the hospital after 25 of the longest minutes of his life. He was worried you'd have her before he got there.

You'd already filled out all of the necessary paperwork at your last OB appointment, and Henry had it arranged for him to be able to park and come in through a staff entrance. Soon, he was headed up to the Labor and Delivery ward, practically bouncing out of his shoes with excitement. He got up to the nurses station with the biggest smile on his face.

"Hi. I'm Henry Cavill. My girlfriend, y/n y/l/n just came in."

"Of course, Mr. Cavill. She's in room 201. Right this way."

She walked him to your room, where you were being hooked up to the fetal monitors. You looked up when you heard the door open, and a look of relief washed over your face.

"Henry," you breathed out.

"Hey, sweetheart. How're you feeling?"

"Like I'm about to push a giant Cavill baby out of my vagina."

He laughed at that, and flashed you a huge smile. He came over and gave you a sweet kiss before brushing some hair out of your face.

"Well, you look beautiful, giant Cavill baby and all."

You smiled at him. You felt so much better now that he was here. He pulled a chair up to the bed and sat down, lacing his fingers with yours.

"Did you call your parents?"

"I left a message. It's pretty late in Jersey, and their flight is in the morning. Did you call yours?"

"Yeah. My mom declined the call."

"I'm sorry, sweetheart."

"Their loss."

He smiled sadly at you. He hated how your parents had cut you off.

"We get to meet our baby girl soon." You had tears in your eyes.

"Yes, we do. And if she looks anything like her mummy, she's going to be absolutely beautiful."