No Rest For The Weary

Y/Ns POV

The pro heroes and I were sitting in a meeting with Detective Tsukauchi about the recent attack. After the battle that I had, I was still a little worse for wear. My arm was in a sling and half of my face was covered with bandages. It was also hurt to try and sit down with my nonexistent tail still being raw and extremely painful when touched. A lot of my concern was still on my father but I tried not to dwell on it and listen to what the detective had to say. For his sake.

Detective: "They're not citizens or they're using aliases. Hard to find either way."

Vlad: "So what you're really saying is we don't know anything."

Snipe: "We've got to track them down. I shot their ring leader but once he heals he'll probably try pulling something like this again. What a pain."

Y/N: "Thanks for that by the way. I only wish I was conscious when it happened."

Snipe: "Heh, no problem kid. How's your wound?"

Y/N: "It's nothing." I said groaning as I shifted in my chair.

Nemuri: "You really shouldn't push yourself so much. You and Eraser were really hurt during that attack so you should take the time to rest."

Y/N: "I'll rest when I'm dead or when I rip off that scrawny villain's hands in exchange for my tail and put him behind bars, whichever comes first. Still, I appreciate the sentiment Auntie. Besides, my father wanted to stay in the loop even if he is still recovering. It's the least I can do for him."

Nemuri: "Of course I'm sorry. After all, it's hard to actually see you as anything more than that baby from all those years ago." I nodded and looked to a copy of the file they had on Tomura Shigaraki. They didn't have any picture of him and a lot of the things written were speculation at best. All except for his quirk, Decay. Just reading about it burns what is left of my tailbone. All Might began to speak about the villain. It was weird seeing him in this weakened form. I had seen it several times growing up when we would spar and no one was around but it never gets any more normal the more I see it.

All Might: "Back to the matter at hand. That villain you went up against wasn't very bright. He kept monologuing about the reasons he was there and Nomu's many quirks but he didn't say a word about his own power."

Y/N: "To be honest I don't think you need to guess about his power. It doesnt need any introduction other than a firm handshake."

All Might: "Still it's odd, he seemed very volatile. When things didn't go his way he was visibly upset. Like he was going to throw a tantrum. I guess bragging about Nomu's quirks was a clever way to draw me into a fight."

Nezu: "That might be true, yes but it was strategically foolish to reveal his quirks upfront instead of keeping them a secret."

Y/N: "That super regeneration was super annoying. I didn't even realize he had shock absorption until after the fact. The villains he sent for the students were playing checkers while the three were playing chess and the small-time villains were nothing more than their pawns. All to draw you out All Might. That thing felt like when we used to go at it during our sparring sessions times 10. That thing was made specifically to match you and somehow they kept it under wraps for who knows how long."

Nezu: "Indeed it is rather concerning. But we can't dwell on it now we can only hope to learn from what was displayed on that day, isn't that right Mr. Aizawa?" I cleared my throat and say up straight in my seat. Despite being such a tiny thing Nezu has a sort of heavy energy about him. Something in his tone showed he wasn't exactly thrilled with my actions at the USJ.

Y/N: "Y-Yes sir!"

All Might: "Shigaraki made wild immature claims but did so with a completely straight face and he talked about Nomu like he was some kind of pet. It seemed like he'd never been told no before. Like he thought things would go his way no matter what. He has the personality of a spoiled little brat, a man child."