(9)

Shae's POV

March 13 Thursday

12:00pm

It was lunchtime and everyone gathered at our usual table

It was lunchtime and everyone gathered at our usual table. I started looking for Nana because I wanted to get to know her some more. After spending time with her at Dave and Buster's I wanted to become closer to her. I didn't realize I was dozing off to see that Niya was snapping in my face. She almost got knocked the fuck out, although she was just trying to get my attention.

"What is you snapping in my face for?"

"Just trying to ya attention and who you looking for?"

"Nana"

"Oh Vonte and Nana aren't here today"

"Why?"

"Oh you didn't know she's pregnant, but here comes your man. He got you all that food, you wanna share?"

"Maybe"

Ron came over and gave me my food and I shared some with the rest of the gang. I finished lunch pretty early and everyone else was in their world so no one noticed that I left the table. I went to the bathroom and before I left the stall some girls came in and I eavesdropped on their conversation.

"Did you hear? There's two ugly bitches in our grade that's pregnant"

"Do you know who they are?"

"No, but who gets pregnant during senior year, this is the time to live life"

"Yea and  not become parents"

"But I guess they had too much fun on the dick"

I didn't hear the rest of the conversation but all I know is nothing good would come from it. I waited till they left the bathroom to leave and I went out into the hall. I sat on the ground and I just closed my eyes for a few seconds. Physically I wasn't feeling good due to being pregnant, but overall physically and mentally I'm not feeling good at all. I feel a tap on my shoulder, I open my eyes and see that it's August.

"Hi August"

"Hi Shae, you good? It looked like you were crying"

"I was a little" I wiped my eyes

"I saw you leave the table so I came to check on you"

"Here I am on the ground, a hot mess" I get off the ground and he helps me up

"There's nothing wrong with you. It's probably your hormones making you emotional, but if ever need anyone to I'm here for you"

"Thanks, August"