(1)

La'shae POV

Savannah, Georgia

March 8th, Saturday

12:30

"Thank you for shopping at old navy," I said to the customer walking away.

My shift was over at 4:30 and things in the old navy were boring. There's barely any people and my co-workers suck, well except for Mya. Without her, this job would be an ass. Before I go on my lunch with Mya I have to fix and put more clothes in the men's section.

I made my way over there and started to fix up a table with messy shirts. After I was done fixing 2 tables, I went over to the racks and started to fix it somebody tapped me on my shoulder and asked "Do you have this in a bigger size?"

I turned around and saw this fine-looking brown skin that had beautiful eyes was about 6" tall. But I wasn't about to let him distract me from my job. I need this money.

"What size do you need it in?" I asked as I took the shirt. Our fingers touched when he passed me the shirt.

"extra-large ma," he said.

As I walked away I shook my head. I'm not falling for his fine ass. I went to the back and got him an extra-large. On the way back I checked my phone. It was close to 1:00. Finally a bitch can go on break. I came back and handed him the shirt and said "I can ring you up."

"Cool," he said while walking to the cash register.

He had 3 shirts, 2 pairs of shoes, and a nice ass necklace. I bagged up his stuff and started to get myself ready to leave this dumb ass joint.

"Your total is $25.76"

"Keep the change," he said handing me $30 and he left.

I went into the back and signed out. I put my name tag and a walkie talkie in my purse. Can't trust anybody with my shit. Bitches be plotting. I went to the food court and got into the line for Taco Bell. I decided to text Mya. We have lunch at the same time but she gets off 5 minutes early than me.

Me- where u at?

Mya💞- I'm on the sky deck and lemme tell

Me- what

Mya💞- there are so many niggas out here😝

Me- imma see u later, gotta order my food

Read

I walked up to the cash register and ordered my food.

"Can I have 5 soft tacos, 5 hard tacos, a large nacho box, and a large red slushy?" I said.

"Your total's $27.47," the cashier said.

I gave her $30 and took my change and receipt and looked at my number. It was number 20. While I waited for my food I put my headphones on and listened to some music. About 10 minutes later my number was called. I took my bag and my slushy and went to the sky deck.

I got up to the sky deck and started looking for Mya. I saw a group of boys and girls. Soon I saw Mya wave her arm like a crazy person, so I walked over. I sat down and started to eat my food before talking to Mya.

"Sorry," I said "I've been hungry all day. I didn't eat breakfast"

"It's more like you couldn't eat breakfast," she replied

"Well, I don't wanna talk bout it," I said shutting the topic down quickly

Then my phone started to ring. I soon realized it was time to take my pills. I took out two bottles of my pills and took them. As I was finished putting them away Mya was staring at me.