Chapter 6

Alex POV:
I remember exactly what happened. I remember exactly how it happened. How could I not? It haunts me in my dreams every night.

Kailani has never once agreed to hear my side of the story. I think she's afraid that if she knows what happened, she'll have no one to put the blame on anymore and she'll have to take responsibility for her sisters passing.

But it wasn't her fault.

It really wasn't.

Flashback
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"So Mel you ready to go on an adventure?" I ask while putting the seatbelt over the small child.

" Yes!" She exclaimes excitedly.

I watch as Bryan pulls out of the driveway and makes his way into the street, and so I follow.

" Can we turn on music?" The small voice questions from the back seat.

I don't reply, but instead push the button to turn on the radio. Here by Alessia Cara begins playing through the speakers.

" Oo I like this song!" Melanie exclaims softly humming along to the tune.

We keep driving for about twenty minutes until we get out of town, and making our way down the dirt roads.

Soon enough we see Bryan and the girls pull up beside us.

He signals for me to roll down my window so I do so.

He mumbles something but over the loudness of the radio I couldn't hear him.

" What?" I screamed.

" Race!" Kailani who was sitting in the backseat screams at me.

" Till where? " I yell again.

" The water!" She answers me again.

" You know ill win! " I answer back cockily.

" In your dreams." Zora screams from her window.

I start to push down on the gas when I hear my girl scream again.

" Hey babe! Winner gets a kiss." She says and Bryan takes off speeding straight in front of me.

Realizing I'm currently loosing, I start to pick up the pace and race done the road all the while Party in the USA by Miley Cyrus is blasting my speakers.

I get to a point where I pass the other car and flip them off while I'm at it, but they soon pass me again.

Damn Bryan and his expensive car.

Coming up in the roads I notice a point where you could turn right into another street, or continue with going straight.

I'm pretty sure we have to continue going straight, and I see Bryan's car very much ahead of us continuing on with continuing on going straight, so I followed.

" Ok Mel we're gonna go pretty fast now okay?" I warn the little one sitting behind me to me.

She looks up at me and nods.

" Ok dude." She says.

I let out a little laugh at that. I step on the gas and go faster than we ever have.

The crash happened so fast.

Like the blink of an eye.

If only after you reopened you eye, someone shoved a razor blade through it.

Due to the loud music and fast pace we we're going at, I didn't notice the truck coming out of the intersection.

The truck slammed right into our car.

On the right side.

The right side.

Fuck Melanie!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Flashback over

" Right so what happened after that?" Bryan asks.

" Well I found my phone and called an ambulance. Then I called you and..." I began to say when I was cut off by a sniffling Kailani.

" Then I had to watch as my sister fought for her life on that hospital bed when hospital couldn't save her and my sister fucking died. My three year old sister fucking died!" Kailani starts off clay but soon turns to screaming.

Her screaming soon turns to sobs and she hugs her knees and buries her face into her legs.

At the moment I didn't really know what to do, so I looked at Bryan or Zora for answers, but they didn't seem to have any.

" You.. you never said .. s-sorry." She chokes out still crying.

I never said sorry?

" What?" I question.

" All.. all t-these years. A-and you've never... once said y-you're sorry." She explains the best she could.

What is she talking about.

I've said sorry.

I practically said more sorrys to this girl than I have in my entire life.

" What are you talking about. I've said sorry." I try and protest to what she said.

" N-no. You've apologized for being a bad boyfriend as y- you said." She sniffles. " But you never once. Not once.. said your sorry for the death of my sister." She finally looks up at me.

It's like I can see the hurt in her eyes.

I've never felt so shitty in my life.

How could my dumbass teenager brain not be able to form an apologie for killing my girlfriends sister.

I look Kailani dead in the eyes and hope she can see all the emotion in mine.

" I am so, so sorry baby." I say to her with as much emotion as I can.

She just looks at me.

Soon enough she throws herself into my arms, wraps her arms around my body and sobs into my neck.

I just hold her.

I look over at Bryan and Zora to see them exchange looks before silently getting up to go the kitchen.

I hold onto Kailani and run my fingers through her hair whispering how sorry I am into her ear as she just cries.

" So fucking sorry baby." I tell her.

My heart aches at the sight of her sadness.

Of course it does.

I'm still in love with her.

( ALRIGHT GUYS ANOTHER ONE DONE! IM SORRY ITS SO SHORT!! See y'all soon!! )

:)