Chapter 7

Zora POV:
I watch as Kailani sits in Alex's arms. She's stopped crying a while ago, but still, he keeps his arms around her. Me and Bryan decided to make our way into the backyard to give some space to the other two. Right now we sit on the porch swing, starring into the pool lights.

" I think we should get them back." Bryan randomly speaks up.

" What?" I ask back, watching as the lights fade from a dark blue to a brighter pink colour.

" Like, I think we should try and get Kailani and Alex back together y'know?" He says turning to face me.

" Bryan..." I turn to him with a sigh.

" Zora listen, you saw the way he instantly agreed to come when we told him about Kailani leaving, and you saw the way she fell into his arms when he apologized. They still care for each other. And I miss us, all of us. When we were our group." He explains and I look down to see he placed his hand on my thigh. " And I miss you."

Looking from his hand to his face, then back to the pool lights for a moment. Red, pink, purple, blue...

" Sure, okay. Yeah let's do it." I answer him.

" Wait really? Oh shit yes! Alright we need like a team name or something." He responds.

" No Bryan we don't need a team name.."

Alex POV:
I sit with Kailani still in my arms, afraid the slightest movement will make her want to leave yet I run my fingers through her hair. We both haven't said a word since my apologizing. Even if I never want her to leave my arms, sitting in silence right now isn't good for either of us.

" C'mon baby we have to get up and do something." I whisper to her, not wanting to raise my voice in the slightest.

" No." She responds not moving a muscle.

" How about we go for a drive? Just you and me." I add

" Alex it's 2 in the morning." She mumbles.

" It's not like you to deny a night drive." I provoke her hoping she'd say yes.

" Alright fine, but I'll need to change first I'm still soaked." She notes looking down at her soaked clothes.

" Oh shit umm wait right here." I tell her before running to my car.

I open the trunk and find my extra supply of clothes, and pick of a hoodie with some sweats. These will probably be too big on her but she could tie it right?

Hurrying back inside and notice Kailani still waiting where I told her to, and quickly move the clothes in her direction.

" Here. Something for you to change into. It's dry." I tell her and notice her gaze go from my outstretched arms to me.

" I could just change into something of mine or Zora's..." she says.

" I umm... miss you... wearing my clothes." I mentally cringe at that sentence. I mean obviously it's the truth but really?

" Oh- ok." She mumbles out and quickly grabs the clothes from me and scurries off into the hallway.

Now I might be seeing things, and it might have been the lighting or literally anything else, but I swear that I saw the lightest shade of pink float across Kailanis cheeks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" So where are we going?" Kailani questions from the passenger seat.

She had change into my clothes and damn did she look great wearing my stuff. She had thrown her still wet hair into a low bun which just accentuated her features even more.

This girl was gorgeous.

" Mmm, I don't know." I responded truthfully.

" You gonna kidnap me or something?" I look over at her to see her starring out of the window.

" Maybe." I responded and smirked at her when she turned to me.

A while passed in silence when I got an idea.

" Here." I mumbled as I threw her my phone.

" What?" She asked clearly confused.

" Play some music, it's quiet in here." I told her.

Soon enough I start to hear the familiar tune of After Dark start playing through the car speakers.

I drum my finger accordingly to the beats of the song.

" I missed you, I'm sorry, I've given,what I have, I showed you, I'm growing..." I look at Kailani as these lyrics play through the song and I can't help but feel it fits the situation right now.

" As the hours pass, I will let you know, that I need to ask, before I'm alone..." I mumble lowly along to the song.

As the song comes to an end I wait to hear another.

Soon the familiar beats of Never gonna give you up by Rick Astley starts to play through the car.

I turn my head to glare at a grinning Kailani.

" I'm sorry you did not just Rick roll me right now." I tell her as she begins to quietly giggle.

I turn back to the road with a slight grin.

Yeah this girls gonna be the death of me.

( NEW CHAPTER AFTER A WHILE. SORRY FOR THE WAIT!! )

:)