Chapter 4

Kailani POV
I couldn't believe it. Right here in front of me. Someone I've been trying to avoid for four years. Someone I thought I'd never see again. And he looks great. His dirty blonde shaggy hair place effortlessly perfectly. His big brown eyes staring wide, and his summer tan glowing in the moon light. I had also noticed a tattoo surrounding his wrist, and a bulge of muscle making the sleeve of his shirt fit tightly. Damn.

I guess I had zoned out for a while, because the next thing I knew I was getting snapped out of my daze by that very familiar voice of his.

" Hello?" He said. I mean, I had to have looked insane. Just a lonely girl in the streets, not to mention in the middle of the night, and now I can't even speak. What should I even say?

After pondering what I should and shouldn't say in my brain for the thousandth time, I realized I was never actually going to vocalise the words. So, to spare myself more embarrassment of just standing here speechless, I decided on turning around, and walking back to Zora's house. We usually never fight for long anyways, and I needed to get out of this situation.

Feeling my feet turn me around and start to pick up pace, I also heard car wheels roll along the street. No! He's following me!

" Your just gonna walk away?" I heard him call.

" Yep." I answered bitterly, keeping my head straight forward, and continuing my walk. I guess petty is the emotion I chose to portray.

" Come on, just get in. I don't like you walking alone at night." He says. Wait what?

" Since when do you care?" I ask a trace of hurt laced through my voice.

" Don't be like that. Since forever." He said back, and you could hear the hurt through his tone. Unlike me he wasn't trying to hide it.

" Oh really cuz you have a great way of showing it." I said sarcastically. Suddenly I felt a single raindrop land on my skin.

" Alright enough of that, and get in the car." He said. I felt another raindrop.

" Nope, I think I'm gonna walk." I said, and soon it started to drizzle.

" It's raining." He stated.

" No!" I said sarcastically. He rolled his eyes. As the conversation went on, the harder the rain started to fall.

" You're going to get soaked." He said.

" Don't care." I said and continued my walk through the now pouring rain.

" Enough! Kailani just get in the damn car! " he said frustratedly. I stoped in my tracks at the tone of his voice, and slowly turned around. With the look in his eyes, I heavily sighed, and made the quick decision to walk over to the passenger seat.

I quickly got in, and sat my soaking wet body into his leather seats.

" Don't you feel stupid now. If you would have gotten in the first time, you wouldn't be wet right now." He said.

" Shut up and drive" I responded.

As I looked around, memories from happier times started to fill my brain.

Flashback
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Driving with the windows down on a long dirt road and wind blowing through my hair. The sun beating down on us, with Alex's hand resting on my thigh and my two best friends in the backseat was a picture perfect moment I wish I could save for the rest of my life.

" Holy shit! Turn up the radio right now it's our fucking jam!" Zora suddenly screams from the backseat.

Obeying, I reach my hand to turn up the volume.

" Here's One direction, with Steal my girl" the radio announces, and we soon hear the start of the familiar melodies.

" Oh no" Bryan says.

" Oh no is right" Alex agrees.

" She be my queen since we were sixteen, we want the same things, we dream the same dreams alright!" Zora and I scream at the top of our lungs.

" Na na na na na" the radio adds.

" Alright!" We scream

"Na na na na na"

" I got it all cuz she is the one, her mom calls me love, her dad calls me son alright!" We sing

" Na na na na na"

" Alright!"

" Na na na na"

" C' mon boys you gotta sing with us." Zora says.

" You know you want to" I add.

" But I know, I know, I know for sure! " Zora and I scream.

We pause to see if the boys will join when I notice Alex sigh, and a slight smirk appears on his face. He looks over at me, squeezes my thigh a little then looks back at the road.

" Everybody wanna steal my girl! Everybody wanna take her heart away! Couple billion in the whole wide world, find another one cuz she belongs to me!" Alex screams along with Zora and I.

My eyes widen and my eyebrows shoot up as I turn my head to catch him smirking at me.

"Everybody wanna steal my girl! Everybody wanna take her heart away! Couple billion in the whole wide world, find another one cuz she belongs to me!" Bryan decides to join in on the singing as well.

" Na na na na!" The boys sang

" Oh yeah!" Zora and I added

" Na na na na!"

" Alright!"

" Na na na na na!"

" She belongs to me!" we all sang.

So there we were. Four teenagers screaming the lyrics to one direction. Can't get better than that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Flashback over

I snapped back into the reality of driving in silence through the rain.

Oh how things are so different now.

( Agh! I'm so sorry I took so long to update! And I'm so sorry that this chapter is so short! I'm on holiday break now so I'll try and start writing more. Bye guys! )

:)