Chapter 1

Kailani POV
" You know how I feel about him Zora. About both of them." I tell Zora. Right now me and her are tanning in her backyard, by the pool side. School just finished for the year, so we decided to just relax.

" I know but, we've been talking and he's changed. We can't blame him forever. I know that deep down inside you, you know it's not their fault." Zora said. I let out a huge sigh, before responding.

" I know...... I just..... you know what happened, and I can't just forgive them. I need time." I say.

" Time? K, they gave you four years! You don't need time. What you need is to talk to them. You completely shut them out after...." Zora says before I quickly cut her off, not wanting to relive the memory.

" Don't remind me." I say. I mean, Zora's right. Maybe all we need to do is talk? It's not even him who i'm most mad at anyways. Ugh. I'm about to regret this decision....

" Invite him." I say. She looks up at me.

" Seriously?" She says.

" Yes seriously." I say in a sassy voice. " Now invite him before I change my mind. Oh and make sure he doesn't come as well." I add.

" I can't just invite him! We've only been talking again for a week!" Zora argues.

" So?" I say back.

" So.. you don't think he'll be weirded out by how we're just now messaging him after four years of going out of our way to ignore him?" Zora says.

" Umm..." I thought about it. " No. Not really. If I know Bryan.... and I do..... he'll just be happy we invited him." I say. I see her face light up. She does that when she gets an idea.

" You call him." She says and I automatically resist.

" No no no." I say. Before, after we just stopped being friends, they just kept non stop calling me, so I changed my phone number. I didn't want them getting it back.

" Yes yes yes! He will one-hundred percent come if it's you that's calling!" She says.

" Zo..." I say and let out a whine.

" Please? For me?" She starts. " For Alex?" She says and my face instantly drops.

" Don't you ever say his name again! Got that?" I say with a stern voice.

Alex was my best friend. He was my first crush. My first love. My solemate. We did everything together. We all did. Me, Zora, Alex, and Bryan we all best friends. We're we're super close too. Ever since elementary school, we stuck by eachother sides, and did everything together. Alex tho, he was my favourite. He was super funny, and could keep me laughing for days. His personality was the best. He was sweet, smart, and insanely charming in every way. Just the thought of him made me smile. Until I remembered, the incident, wich made me shake my head in disgust, and remembered why we weren't friends anymore. I had no intention on changing that.

" Kailani? Earth to Kailiani!" Zora says as she moves her hands in front of my face. I guess I zoned out.

" Gimme my phone." I say reaching my hand out.

" Wait why? Are you gonna call him!" Zora shrieks.

" Yes I'm gonna call him." I mumble. "Now pass. " I say wiggling my fingers, reaching out for her to pass me my phone.

" Yay." She says then hands it over. With my shaking nervous hands, I type in Bryan's phone number. I still remember it after all these years? Wow. How much memory do I have up there?