12

Jasper's POV:
She's asleep and I run my fingers through her curls and Tanya says, "There really isn't a rush is there?"

I reply, "No. I like taking care of her and she does for me as well."

Carmen says, "She's so peaceful."

Rose says, "She is. She's definitely a handful when she wants to be. We were going through her parents things when she found out she was pregnant."

Kate says, "She has so much hair. It's like Tanya's but with three times the amount of hair."

Carmen asks, "Who do you think the baby will be like?"

I say, "We are hoping its the other."

Kate says, "I think its a girl."

Rose says, "I know right?"

Emmett says, "I want a nephew."

I warn, "Emmett."

She moves and I rub her back some and she settles back down. Tanya asks, "Can't Alice tell you what gender the baby is?"

Rose says, "No, she can't. She can't see her future since the pregnancy."

Carmen asks, "Names?"

I smile and say, "Reign Elsie or Romeo Reign."

Kate says, "Those are cute."

Nikkie says, "Thank you."

Nikkie's POV:
We've been here for about a week and I'm enjoying Alaska when the cold won't try to kill me. I sent a picture to Carlisle of the bump and ask, 'How far along is this?'

Carlisle calls and says, "Any day now. I'll be there shortly."

Its been a few hours since the call and I'm eating some pasta noodles covered in alfredo sauce and there's a knock at the door. It's Carlisle and he says, "How are you and my grandchild?"

I say, "Good but uncomfortable."

My eyes roll into the back of my head and I grunt and it lasts for a minute and goes away and Carlisle asks Tanya, "Is there a place where she can give birth?"

Tanya says, "Yeah, out back there is a shack we have for some extra guests just in case."

Jasper picks me up and takes me there and Carlisle is following us. Carlisle injects the morphine into me and he waits a few minutes for it to spread and then says, "This is going to hurt still. Jasper you are going to have to hold her still."

He has my arms pinned at my head and looks into my eyes and says, "Just look at me."

Carlisle begins cutting and I scream in pain and he says, "Found it. Jasper be ready she's already loosing a lot of blood."

He bites and rips the sac and I scream very loudly and Carlisle says, "You have a baby boy. Now."

Jazz plunges the needle into my heart and he says, "I love you."

I smile at him and my eyes close.

Jasper's POV:

I bite her on her neck and inject more venom into her. Carlisle hands me my son who is cleaned up. I can hear her mother's heart beating still which is a good sign. Rose comes in and says, "Is it a girl?"

I smile and say, "Meet my son, Romeo."

Emmett is so happy and I say, "No. She's the first person besides me to hold him. I don't need a pissed off fiance."

Carlisle picks up his phone and says, "Hi, Alice. You can see her future now? That's very good."

I smile and say, "At least you'll meet your mom, Rome."

He opens his eyes and they are this bright green and Rose says, "Just like his mother."

Rose hands me a bottle and I feed my son and Rose looks a bit sad and I say, "I know you want to hold my son, Rose."

She nods and I say, "Here. She's going to be very emotional anyways. Just don't crush my child."

I look at Emmett and he rolls his eyes and I sit with Nikkie. Rose says, "Go hunt, Jasper. We'll be here with her."

I nod and get up to leave.

Nikkie's POV:
This shit hurts so bad. I knew they weren't lying but damn. I can feel the pain slowly decreasing and I'm very alert on what's happening around me. Jasper left to go hunting and Rose is holding my son. Good. I know she'll take good care of him. Rose sits next to me and says, "I'm not sure if you can hear me but I'll talk to you anyways. I'm holding Romeo. He has your bright green eyes and dark hair. I found this cute little bear onsie to keep him warm. Emmett wanted to get it for either gender since you gave birth to the bear cub. His words not mine."

I like that. Bear cub. Mama bear. She continues, "Emmett adores his nephew. He's ready for him to learn sports. We have to remind him that it'll be a while till he can do that. He has to learn baseball. It's the families tradition."

I wish I was awake so I didn't miss anything. Rose says, "He's growing quite fast. He looks to be 3 months old since we fed him. He's quite a hungry baby."

I smile inside my head. Rose says, "Romeo fell asleep. He such a cute baby. I missed having this opportunity and all the possibilities tha came with being human. Jasper misses you."

Jasper asks, "Who are you talking to Rose?"

Rose says, "Nikki."

I feel Jasper hold my hand and Rose says, "I'll leave you two alone."

Jasper says, "Hey, Darlin'. Rose is right. I do miss you so much. I miss hearing your smartass commments about things and just the way your eyes sparkle when you look at me and how your emotions spike. You can hear me. Your heart rate sped up. I like that I can make you nervous. You make me nervous too. I don't think you knew that. I was worried that you wouldn't survive. I spent over a century and a half waiting for you just to lose you. It would've killed me. You have no idea how much I need you. You help me keep control until you try to seduce me. Then its a bit shaky. You have about a day left, baby. I've been keeping track on your emotions. You really aren't in much pain unless you are suppressing it from me. I think the morphine helped you. Your heart beats about three times every minute."

Carlisle says, "Your change is going quite quickly. It most likely will be a few more hours. That third beat every minutes is fading away. You might be awake before sunset."

I try to will the change quicker and it feels like minutes later but in reality it was 7 hours later when the pain fully disappeared.