16

We head out on the road at our very fast speeds. Emmett is driving in his Jeep with Rose up front. Jasper and I are in the back with Romeo buckled between us. Alice, Carlisle, and Esme are in Carlisle's car. Esme calls me and asks, "Can I steal my grandbaby from you?"

I look to Jasper and he says, "It's up to you."

I reply, "Yes, you can, Esme. He does like audio children's books. He's quite talkative now."

Esme replies, "I just got some."

Emmett turns into the next gas station and fills up the Jeep and Esme comes and steals my child from the backseat. Emmett hops back in and I sit in the middle and lay my head on Jasper's shoulder. I close my eyes and pretend to sleep. He pulls me close and I say, "My baby isn't a baby anymore, Jazz. He's like 3."

Emmett says, "Closer to sports."

I shake my head at him and Jasper says, "We have a whole bunch of pictures to reminice on, Darlin'. Alice has been placing them into a book for us. I gave her a bunch that I had along with pictures of you."

It takes us about a little over a week to get down to the Amazon and find Kachiri, Senna, and Zafrina. We had stopped and explored different places as we went that were rainy and not very sunny. I made sure that Romeo had enough food. I go grab my child and we hear, "Is that an immortal child, Carlisle?"

Carlisle explains everyhting to them and Zafrina comes over and looks closer at him. They ask me, "Do you have any powers?"

I nod and explain, "I can control the weather. Rain, lightning, etc. Romeo can also do them as well. He figured out the rain."

Emmett says, "She's quite dangerous."

Kachiri asks Carlisle, "How long are you staying for?"

Carlisle replies, "Not very long. We are on our way down to Rio and then to an island I bought for Esme."

I ask, "Can we see an anaconda?"

Zafrina says, "We can. There are plenty of species you'll be able to see now."

Kachiri says, "Here, I'll watch him while you go explore."

I explain where everything is and that he can sleep in his car seat. She nods and we head in the Amazon. I randomly ask Zafrina and Senna, "I have a few questions that might seem very invasive on your lifestyle but I'm very curious. I know you don't eat animals but do you eat the tribes that are in the forest or tourists that come in here?"

Zafrina looks at Carlisle and asks, "Why haven't we met her sooner?"

Carlisle laughs and says, "She hasn't been a vampire very long. We had some other things to deal with as well."

Senna answers my question, "We eat pretty much what ever we find first. We try not to kill too many of either as with the tourists it may seem conspicuous. We also try not to kill off the tribes."

I nod and think some more and then ask, "Do you have a permanent home in here?"

Zafrina says, "We like to stay in the trees, so in a way, yes and no."

I ask, "Are you three related?"

Senna says, "Yes, we were sisters in our human lives and still are now."

I ask, "Are we heading in the direction of the Amazon River?"

Senna says, "We are almost there."

We run for another 5 minutes and approach the calm river that conceals many dangerous animals. I spot a camain and some turtles. Jasper says, "To your left, babe."

I look to my left and see a huge anaconda slithering in the water. I continue to look around curiously and spot more animals. We were there for about 20 minutes and we began to head back. There are some jaguars a mom and 3 cubs walking across in front of us and they stop and look at us. I smile and she growls at us and then nudges her cubs to continue to move along and they head on their way. As soon as they pass we begin to run back to the cars and Romeo. We meet Kachiri and Romeo is awake and looking around curiously. I hear him say, "Mama, Mama."

I head over to him and he rubs his eyes and I say, "My sweet baby, go to sleep for Mama. We still have a ways to go."

I rub his back and in a few minutes he falls asleep. Kachiri says, "He's so interesting. You can see him grow as the minutes pass."

I say, "I want the minutes to slow down."

Jasper stands behind me and says, "We still have forever."

I smile and say, "That's true, Jazz."

I get Romeo into his carseat that's still in Carlisle's vehicle and he stirs and goes back to sleep. I quietly shut the door and say, "He'll get more sleep in that car than in the Jeep with Emmett's mouth."

Emmett says, "Hey!"

Rose smacks him, "Shut up or you'll wake him."

I tell Kachiri, Senna, and Zafrina, "Please keep in touch."

Zafrina says, "We'll try our best. Let us know when the wedding is, Nikkie."

I smile and say, "I will."

We hug them bye and get in the cars and drive down to Rio. I say, "Rose, have you two been to Isle Esme?"

Rose says, "Actually, no. We tend to break a lot of things..."

I reply, "I'm sure you do."

Emmett says, "You can't say you haven't."

I respond, "I don't think we have."

Jazz says, "We haven't yet."

I shake my head at him and he pulls me close and I lay my head on his shoulder as we continue our drive to Rio.