1

*short chapter*

Miranda and Ben both walked into their daughter’s room and laid them down in their cribs before walking out and shutting the door.

They were silent as they got into the kitchen. Ben was waiting for her to say something, to finish their argument from earlier.

Miranda wouldn’t say anything so Ben continued.

“you are selfish Miranda. Everything is about you and your career. What about mine.” Ben yelled.

“Oh I’m selfish, Benjamin Warren you didn’t even consider to tell me,  your wife, the mother of your children. I’m selfish, but you are just going to pick up and leave.”

“Why can’t you understand that it’s something I want to pursue.” Ben argued

“No I can’t understand this Ben, it’s stupid. See I knew this was a mistake. “ Miranda said putting her hands on her head and walking to their bedroom with Ben hot on her trail.

“What.” Ben asked.

“This, US.” Miranda yelled switching her fingers back and forth between him and her.

“Marrying me.” Ben inquired staring her down.

Miranda stared him down with the same intensity and raised her eyebrow.

Ben scuffed. “ You are a piece of work. Yeah you are right. This was a mistake. We’ve been married for four years and I love you Miranda but I tried, I tried to look past your ways and your selfishness but you are stubborn, arrogant, bossy and let’s be honest the only reason you wanted to marry me is so you wouldn’t be alone, so I could be here for you when you are lonely and the fence needs patching. I should have just left you alone when you said no on Valentine’s day. Hell if I was Tucker. I would have sent an email too.” Ben yelled as he turned to walk out of their room.

Miranda gasped and wiped her cheek that stained with persistent tears.
“Yeah, I could have just stayed with Eli ad least I could have sex and not have to deal with all this that comes in this relationship with you Ben.” Miranda yelled.

“ Oh real fucking classy Doctor Bailey” Ben retorted, putting his hand on the door knob. Before Ben could leave he felt something small and tiny hit the back of his head, before it hit the floor.

Ben looked down at her wedding ring and he looked back up at her. His eyes turning red from anger and the tears that he didn’t want to let fall. Ben kicked the ring before walking out. Miranda heard the front door slam and she blew out a huge breath, she didn’t even know she was holding.

Miranda set on their bed and she let the tears fall. She didn’t know how they winded up here, it’s been like this for months now. She loved that man with everything she had.

After hours passed Miranda got up to check on their daughters. Miranda quietly walked into their room. She stared down at their tiny frames and she began to cry all over again as she watched them sleep. She wanted their lives to be good and healthy and know what healthy loves looks like. She wanted to be the best role model she could for her babies.

She heard the familiar footsteps of her husband but she did not turn around. Ben laid his hand on top of Miranda’s and her body stilled and tensed.

“I love you Miranda and I’m sorry.” Ben said quietly. She never doubted that he loved her.

“I’m sorry too and I love you but love isn’t enough anymore. That can’t hold us together.” Miranda said exhaling and sliding her hands out of Ben’s embrace.

“What are you saying.” Ben asked and she could her the pain and staggering in his voice.

“I’m saying. Which daughter do you want.”