Chapter 9

Percy's POV

I felt a rush of fear and my mind screamed at me. 'Run! Get on the bike, turn it on and run!'

I reached onto my bike and moved to get on, but the voices hand grabbed my arm. "Wait!" I snagged my arm away and whipped around as the feeling of panic increased. "Please don't go. I just wanted to talk." I look at the guy in front of me. He has black hair and brown eyes, he's about 5,6, and these a familiar aura around him. It reminds me of... Clarisse. 'Shit, just what I need. All of Ares' children have a disliking towards me even if their father doesn't hate me as much anymore (It's more of a dislike). What do I do? What if he goes back to camp and tells people that I'm here l, what then? Will I have to leave here too? Before I've even had a chance to settle? I guess it's better to leave now since I haven't grown attached to anyone or anything.' the more I think about it the more it feels like someone reached their hands in my chest and grabbed my lungs. I stumbled back on to my bike as I started feeling lightheaded.

A hand is placed on my shoulder. "Please calm down, I only want to talk. I know what happened at camp and you don't have to worry about me doing anything.'' Something in me knew he wasn't lying, like no matter what I could tell. I push myself off the bike and nod. "Ok, I guess." He smiles and nods. "Good, what are you in town for? I might be able to help. In town? 'Does he mean in town or in TOWN. Like, what did income to town odor or what did I come to Forks for.' He probably noticed my confusion because he interrupts my train of thought. "Are you looking for a specific store or are you just getting I feel for everything. "

"Um, I'm starting school so I'm headed to a store that I can get supply at. I take out my phone and show me the picture of the phone. "Oh." He looks up and sees I'm parked across the street from it. I stare at him in confusion as he starts walking backward with a smile, but he stops when he sees I'm not following.

"What's wrong?"

"I thought you wanted to talk."

"I do but dude but, come on, we both have ADHD and if you're doing something like shopping, you're going to be less likely to get distracted from the conversation." I nod my head in agreement but "What about you?"

"What do you mean?"

"You said it would keep me busy, what about you?" He seems to think over his answer "Oh well, I'm just going to talk to you but if you need my help with something I can help but my ADHD doesn't make me get distracted, but it makes me hyper fixate on different, random, things. I'm hoping I'll hyper fixate on the conversation but in all honesty, I'm just following the dopamine" I hum let him know I heard him because I didn't really have anything to say. As I start walking across the street and into the store, he runs to catch up with me and we meet side by side as we walk under the overhang thing. The store's sign is attached with its name in orange cursive on the white background.

'Olympic Stationers' ironic.

"So, you going to tell me your name or am I just going to have to keep referring to you as him and you in my head." He looked a little taken aback by the sudden question but quickly he quickly composes himself. "Right, I guess I never introduced myself. My name is Adrien Jones, but my friends call me Aj, and you can call me that as well." There's a small smile on his face and now that he's close, I notice his skin is very pale. I nod and open the door for him.

"Oh, thanks I'm going to get a cart, we're going to be getting a lot of stuff." He starts walking to the left of the store which confuses me. "Where are you going, it looks like the stuff we need is that way?" I point to the right.

"Do you know exactly what you came in here for? "the question confuses the crap out of me.

"School stuff?"