confessions in the rain

A/n
No Covid!
Enjoy
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I came here for nothing.

I ran out of the door ignoring his protests. Running to the stairs flinging the door open. This is easier then waiting for the elevator, he would have time to catch up with me. As soon as I saw the door to the lobby I ran faster. I swung the door open, dodging the people in the lobby. The elevator rung and a distraught Weston came out looking around the lobby. I ran out the door onto the sidewalk hoping that he didn't see me. Rain pouring down soaking my hair and clothes. I didn't care, I wiped the wet hair out of my face. Feeling tears drop from my eyes, I ran. I turn behind me to see him behind me.

"Y/N"

I turned my head back around, running faster. I turned a corner and ran towards the park.

"Y/N COME BACK PLEASE!"

"PLEASE STOP RUNNING!"

I was a fool to think that he could ever like me in that way.

I clenched my trying to make my sob's quieter. I trip on a rock and I fall tumbling in the grass.

"Y/NNNNN!"

I turn around and see him running faster. I push myself up with my hands getting up to my feet and I start walking. Arms crossed back facing him.

"STOP, P-please. I don't want to lose you."

I continue to walk.

"JESUS CHRIST, I LOVE YOU!"

My walking comes to a halt. I'm completely frozen. I uncross my arms and turn around slowly. He is standing a few feet away from me panting. His hair is all wet and all in his eyes. He's slouched arms to his side like his soaked clothes are weighing him down. He looks sad and distraught. And like that reality comes hitting me right in the face. I start to feel everything again, my soggy socks, the wet hair on my face, and the necklace sticking to my chest. My clothes are suffocating me, I hate wet clothes. But right now I could care less. He walks up to me slowly afraid I might run again, but I stand still. Unable to move, my mouth open just slightly. He moves his hand towards my face pushing the hair out of my face. I slightly flinch due to the contact which causes him to pull back.

I look him in the eyes and he looks into mine. I nod and it was like he understood what I was saying. He moved his hand back where it was before, continuing to push the hair out of my face. He tucked some behind my ear, gliding his hand to my jawline. He rests his hand there putting his other hand on the other side of my face. He tilts my head up slightly and my eyes flutter. His hands are warm. It feels so nice, It feels like we are the only people in the world.

"Can I kiss you?" He whispers.

"yes." I whisper back.

We pull in and I put my arms around his neck pulling us closer. I close my eyes and our lips connect. We move in sync, its passion filled. I pull away and a dopey smile appears on my face. My cheeks are hot and I look down.

"I've been wanting to do that for so long." he states. I look up at him to see him smiling, a big goofy smile.

"Me too." I laugh embarrassed.

"Lets go home and change, I know how much you hate wet clothes."

"You know me so well."

He holds his hand out to me and I take it. Intertwining our fingers, swaying our hands as we walk.

Those smiles never leaving our faces.