Part 9

Say Something

Adi doesn't know how long she was asleep, but she woke when she felt someone's fingers trace up her arm and across her chest. She instinctively jumped up and grabbed the wrist of the person touching her.

"I did not mean to scare you," Ren said as she glared daggers at him.

"If you did not mean to scare me then perhaps you should take that hideous mask off," she sneered in response as she threw his hand away.

"Dinner has been delivered. Come, we will eat," he responded before leaving the room.

"I am not hungry," she yelled after him.

"Eat willingly, or I will force you," he responded sternly.

"You would not dare," she challenged.

"Wouldn't I?" he sneered as he reappeared in the bedroom. She narrowed her eyes at him, and he let out a frustrated sigh before removing his mask. "There. Now will you come out and eat?"

"I will come out, but I will not eat. I want nothing from you but to return home," she said as she swiftly left her spot on the bed and moved past him.

"You need to eat," he said following her. "I won't always be here to keep you safe and I need you at full strength so you can protect yourself."

"Protect myself?" she laughed. "From whom? I am already in your quarters. Who would possibly lack the intelligence to try and touch me when you have laid claim to me?"

"Hux. You saw how he was with you on the flight deck. Do not think for one moment that he will not attempt to touch you," he responded as he wrapped his hand around her wrist and turned her to face him. "You are freezing," he mumbled as his hand met her skin.

"We are in space, traveling at light speed Ren. The clothes you provided are not exactly meant to keep warmth in," she hissed.

"Here," he murmured as he grabbed a nearby blanket and draped it around her shoulders. "I will fix the clothing issue in the morning before I leave."

"Before you leave?" she questioned as she pulled the blanket around her and walked over to the dining table before sitting down.

"Tomorrow, we will reach our destination and I will be off the ship for a little bit," he answered.

"Why are you telling me this? It is not like I can go anywhere. I am your captive here," she said bitterly.

"Adi, you do not have to be," he said as he crossed to her and placed his hand on her shoulder. "Just join us and let me train you."

"You want me to betray everyone I love for my own self-preservation?" she laughed.

"Adi," he warned.

"No! Listen to me and listen to me well Kylo Ren," she sneered. "I will NEVER betray those I love. I would rather die!"

"That can be arranged!" he yelled as he pulled her up to him by her arm.

"Ah, there he is. The infamous and heartless Kylo Ren. I was wondering when I would see him again," she scoffed as she pulled her wrist out of his grip and walked away from him.

"Where are you going?" he bellowed.

"To bed. And if you think we are sharing the same bed, you have another thing coming. I will fight you if you even try," she said sternly from the doorway to the bedroom. She watched as the anger radiated up his back to his shoulders before he turned to look at her.