FIFTYSEVEN

I scrutinized the sight in front of me. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. Sat behind a desk was the man from earlier, stood to the right of him was Selena and to the left was the devil himself or herself. I knew Selena didn't like me but Goddess I didn't realise how deep her hatred went for me.

"Amaris Thorne, it's so good to see you again." The man spoke. I stared at him and frowned, "Oh man, that looks sore. I hope it hurts." I snickered pointing at his face. He had deep nasty claw marks down the left side of his face. "We need-" I growled cutting him off. "I'm not talking to you." I rolled my eyes.

"You, on the other hand." I snarled, turning towards the woman. "You and I have unfinished business, Annabelle." I barked at her. I grimaced at the woman who birthed me. I wouldn't call her a mother, she was more like my egg donor. "You haven't changed one bit, Amaris." She rolled her eyes. "You blamed me for Alex's death!" I screeched. "Now you're here with the ones who killed your son." I snapped.

"Amaris." The man interrupted me. "Shut up. I'm not done." I held my hand up to the man. "It's laughable really, for someone who was so family orientated to be with the rogues who destroyed both of your children." I quipped. She tossed her head back cackling. "Oh my dear, you have no idea." She coughed.

"I honestly don't care, to be honest." I began, "You should leave, run as far as you can because you'll be the first I come after." I deadpanned glaring at her. "Enough!" The man bellowed. Annabelle and Selena jerked back and lowered their gaze to the floor. I folded my arms across my chest and raised a brow at him. "I said, I wasn't finished." I groaned.

Annabelle and Selena gulped and kept their eyes fixed on the floor. Pathetic I chuckled to myself. He growled at me, flickering his eyes black. "Is that supposed to scare me?" I asked in a bored tone. "You'll do well to remember you're a prisoner here. You can make this easy or hard, it's up to you." He snapped, slamming his fist against the table.

"Permission to speak, Alpha." Selena squealed. I bit back a chuckle as he motioned her forward with his hand. She stepped forward, keeping her head low. She lifted her head and her eyes locked with mine. "Nice to see you, Selena." I glared at her. "Don't bother speaking." I rolled my eyes at her. She glanced at me then at the Alpha, "Am I allowed to go back to my pack?" She inquired quietly. A low threatening growl escaped past my lips. She smirked at me and looked back at the man. 

"Selena, of course. You have been more than helpful." He gleamed up at her. She nodded her head and strode around the desk. She stopped in front of me and grinned. "I'll be sure to make Rhydian feel better." She provoked. I felt my body trembling, I knew what was coming. I lashed out at her, reaching my hand up, gripping her neck. 

"Didn't you learn anything last time?" I raged. I squeezed her neck as she spluttered. "Amaris, let her go." Annabelle wailed. I turned my head and snarled at her. "I'm going to rip her throat out." I seethed. The guy leapt up and rushed over to us. He grasped my arm, attempting to pull me off which only encouraged me to squeeze harder.

"Let her go and I'll answer any questions you want." He spoke calmly. But my mood wasn't calm, I needed blood. "Nope," I growled. My claws wouldn't come out, I grunted frustratedly. "You won't be able to shift." He added again. "That won't be a problem," I mumbled through gritted teeth. I squeezed until I heard a crack. Selena went limp and dropped to the ground.

"She had it coming." I shrugged as I turned to face a stunned Annabelle and the guy looked... Impressed. I rolled my eyes and took a seat on the chair near the desk. "Well seen as I can't shift, I'll be staying here for a while but don't think I won't hesitate to kill any of you." I exasperated, folding my arms across my chest. "But, you will be answering my questions," I asserted.

I just need to keep them occupied until whatever is in my system wears off, then I can shift and I can get the hell out of here. Getting answers is just a bonus.

"Annabelle, my love. You can leave us." He positioned a hand on her back, trying to direct her out. "No, she stays," I growled. She glared at me quickly before looking back at the guy. "Fine. She stays." He groaned. He took a seat back behind his desk and Annabelle stood by his side. "So, first things first... My name is Benjamin." He disclosed. I rolled my eyes, I wasn't particularly bothered with pleasantries. "We want you because of your wolf." He confessed like it was something I didn't already know. I cackled and shook my head, "I thought that much." I rolled my eyes. 

"Do you know what you should have done?" I asked, bending forward resting my elbows on my knees. He lifted his brow at me and shrugged. "Asked nicely." I snickered. He gawked at me then rolled his eyes. "And you would have said no." He retorted. "Well, duh." I sassed. "Ok, so big bad Ben... Start from the beginning." I huffed.

"You are nothing like they described you, you know." He smiled. "They said you were quiet and submissive, but you are definitely not." He flexed his hands on the table and I swear I saw lust swirl around his eyes. I felt bile rise in my throat and I gulped it down. "Get on with it," I growled.

"There's no rush, darling." He winked at me. I shuddered in disgust as Annabelle gasped. "Don't worry, my love. You're still my number one." He cooed up at her. "You either start talking or I'm going to rip your tongue out," I growled.