RWBY Blake x Male Reader Volume 7: Chapter 8

F/n POV

Timber walked in with a small paper. You were fiddling with a dust crystal, Emily and Lace were sitting on the bed. The handprint on Lace's neck faded, but it could still vaguely be seen. She's been coughing a lot recently, not too bad but you could tell it's hurting her even more.

Timber: It seems we've been invited to a party at the Schnee Manor.

Timber laid the paper down on the nightstand. You picked it up and read over it.

Emily: With everything going on, Jacque is hosting a party to celebrate his seat on the council? Is this a joke?

Timber: Afraid not. I just got done speaking with Krystal and Angelo. They're saying even the General and the Ace Ops are going. So you can imagine the real reason he planned this.

Lace: He's going to try and make Ironwood's situation worse...

You: So are we gonna go?

Timber: As much as I hate parties, yes. Angelo, Winter, and Clover will be joining the General and Jacque in the dining room. Everyone else is free to do whatever, and we'll be needed as extra sets of eyes incase something goes down.

Lace: It'll be fun sort of at least. I've never had fancy people food.

Everyone snickered at her comment.

You: So what about Tyrian and Bella? Are we putting those on hold?

Timber: Yes, but just for tonight.

You nodded and stood up.

You: I'm gonna go for a walk, I'll meet you guys when it's time to go.

Emily: Do you want us to come with you?

You: No, I just need some alone time.

Lace: Be safe!

You smiled and exited the room. You slowly walked to RWBY's dorm, still running over everything that you learned. Once you arrived, you let out a long sigh and knocked. A couple seconds later, Oscar opened the door.

Oscar: Oh! Hello f/n!

You: Howdy. Is Blake here?

Oscar nodded and stepped aside, allowing you to walk in. Team RWBY were all sitting in a circle, Weiss holding an invitation to the Schnee Manor party. They all directed your attention to you.

You: I see you guys were invited as well.

Yang: Is everything okay?

You: Yeah, I just came in here to ask if I could have some time with Blake? There's some things we need to discuss.

Everyone looked at Blake, and Ruby nodded.

Ruby: Of course. We'll see you after and discuss the remainder of our plan.

Yang: Ruby!

Ruby: What?!

You: Ooooo a plan? What plan? You guys planning something?

Weiss: We'll discuss that later. We'll leave you two be.

Everyone left, leaving Blake sitting on the bed, and you standing in front of the door. You walked towards her without speaking.

Blake: What's the matter?

You grabbed her hands and stood her up, then quickly pulled her into a hug. She hugged back and stayed quiet. She slowly ran her fingers through your hair, sending relaxation through your body.

Blake: What's wrong?

You hesitated to answer.

You: I-It's Bella...