Chapter 16

Has my writing gotten worse since the beginning of the story? i was rereading my first chapter and i think it's much better than what i'm writing now, what do you guys think?

Plus i hope you liked the Plikki moment in the other chapter and even though i don't ship them romantically i want to see them together more often

————————————————————————————————-

Marinette was sitting on a chair on her balcony, the evening air warming her face. She had wrapped herself in a blanket, it reminded her of when Chat would hold her. She missed him so much. At least she got to see him as Ladybug, but when she was her alter ego Chat was transparent with his pain, and she felt immensely guilty.

She sipped some of the warm milk she had prepared herself and ate a cookie, she remembered Chat's advice. "Marinette it might be time to go to bed" whispered Tikki. The girl sighed "You go on without me, i wanna stay here a little longer". The Kwami nodded and went inside.

The sky was so mesmerizing , it was about midnight so there weren't many lights on, she could see a few stars glowing in the night sky. The moon was elegant, it was like a thin cut in the sky, light pouring out of it.

The girl sighed again and looked at the city she protected, it was peaceful and- wait. What was that glimmery thing floating in the air. It was getting closer and closer and soon she heard the melody "The Sandboy just tucked in, now nightmares can begin"

NO, anything but him, anyone but him. Marinette immediately got up, panicked "Tikki! Tikki wake up we need to leave now"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was Chat's turn to patrol that night and even though she had been an amazing and supporting friend, he was glad Ladybug wasn't there. He needed some time alone, not that his partner didn't give him space when he needed it, but because sometimes she reminded him of Marinette. They were both kind and sensitive, they both put others before themselves and they were both amazing, in every way.

The cat hero was sitting on the railing on the top of the Eiffel Tower. He could see all of Paris, l'Arc de Triomphe, the Siene, the Notre Dame and with a pang of pain he also saw the light of Marinette's room poring out on her balcony.

He sighed, they had shared so much there, words, feelings and an indescribable bond that they had formed. But it had been broken so easily. Chat got up, maybe it was time for another round around the city. But he knew it was much to late, he had already gone around the capital three times, he just used it as an excuse to not think about her.

As he got up he received a call on his baton "Lb, all ok?" he asked. On the other end of the phone he could hear his partner panting. "Not really Chat, remember Sandboy?" of course he did, he was one of the oddest and scariest Akuma's they had fought, his power was mostly psychological, he brought to life your worst nightmares. "Well he's back and I'm gonna need you to take care of him on your own" said Ladybug, not waiting for him to answer. "What do you mean on my own? We are a team and i can't capture the Akuma or create a Lucky Charm!" he knew she would never back down from a fight, something was wrong. "Get a jar, that should hold it in and I will make a Lucky Charm, I just... have to keep something under control" Chat was shocked, a freacking jar? seriously? And why couldn't they fight together? "Ladybug what the hell are you talking about? What's wrong?".

The spotted hero had stopped panting and took a deep breath "My nightmare is too dangerous Chat" and hung up in his face.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ladybug had arrived at the stadium Le Parc Des Princes when she hung up on Chat, he couldn't know about Chat Blanc, that was sure, she had to trust him to take care of Sandboy before he reached her, but she knew that was nearly impossible. That's why she was at the stadium, if she had to fight him again, might as well be in a protected environment for the safety of the civilians and of her identity.

Marinette took a deep breath, any moment now Sandboy was gonna sprinkle her with his dust, she wouldn't even try to stop him, she had to be ready for Chat Blanc.

What the hell. Chat was a mixture of confused and worried, were was she going if she didn't wanna help him defeat Sandboy? It had sounded as if she was running during the call. Of course! i could track her. It wasn't very ethical but he was worried, she would trow herself into danger before even thinking of herself sometimes and they were partners, they worked their best together. He took out his baton and opened it to a map of Paris, in the corner of the screen he could see Ladybug's symbol, he jumped off the Eiffel Tower and followed it.

As he was running on the rooftops of the city he heard the bittersweet melody "The Sandboy just tucked in, now nightmares can begin" but when the hero turned around it was too late. The glitter had already fallen on him and in front of him a shape formed.