Chapter 5 - Combat Class! Brawls and Falls!

Team JAYD watched from the stands as Jaune suffered a humiliating defeat against Cardin Winchester.

Cardin: This is the part where you lose.

Jaune: Over my dead-

Cardin kneed him in the groin, sending him to the floor. He was ready to land another strike, but Glynda called the match.

Glynda: That's enough...

She walked forward to address the class.

Glynda: Students, as you can see, Mr. Arc's aura has now dropped into the red. In a tournament style duel, this would indicate that Jaune is no longer fit for battle and the official may call the match. Mr. Arc, it's been weeks now. Please try to refer to your scroll during combat. Gauging your aura will help you to decide when it is appropriate to attack or when it is time to move to a more defensive strategy. We wouldn't want you to be gobbled up by a Beowulf, now would we?

Cardin: Speak for yourself.

Glynda began to speak to the class about the upcoming tournament, but Joshua was too busy getting angered by Cardin's comments.

Joshua: People like him piss me off.

Arienna: Don't they all. Shame that he's actually strong, otherwise we wouldn't have to deal with him.

Just then, Simon spoke up from the row behind them.

Simon: Doesn't bother me. I'm leagues above him anyways.

Joshua: Oh really? Then why don't you go down there and prove it.

Simon: I would, but these fights aren't a volunteer gig.

Joshua: Personally, I think the only thing standing between Cardin and you is your stand. What if you didn't have your stand? Still think that you'd be playing that tough guy act? 

Simon: It isn't an act and you know it.

Joshua: Maybe you should show us how you act around your momma and you might be a bit more likeable.

Joshua was surprised to see that Simon's smug facade had faded. Now, his face showed genuine anger.

Simon: YOU TAKE THAT B-

Glynda: Mr. Kujo. Mr. Grey.

The two of them looked to a clearly agitated Glynda.

Glynda: If you two are so confident in your abilities that you elect to NOT pay attention in my class, then why don't you come down and prove it.

Joshua: God dammit, Grey...

Joshua stood up and got ready to walk down the stairs, but Simon passed him on his way down. His face was still as enraged as ever.

Simon: I'm gonna make you eat those words you little shit.

A few minutes later

The two of them stood on either side of the platform in their full combat gear with their weapons at the ready.

Glynda: Ready...

The two of them eyed each-other. Simon still had a fire of hatred in his demeanor.

Glynda: Begin!

Simon immediately grabbed both of his SMG's, one in each hand. He sprayed bullets in Joshua's direction. Joshua, with no other real choice, summoned his stand to block the bullets. On the screen above, the other students looked in confusion as they saw Joshua's aura immediately drop to zero.