chapter 3

Avery POV

The bell rang, finally! It was lunch now.

I packed my things and headed to my locker to put my things in it.

As I put my things in and was about to close my locker, "Hey, Avery."

I heard a deep voice say from my right, I closed the locker and looked beside me to see Grayson.

"Hey." I said giving him a smile. "I couldn't help but notice that your accent is different, if you don't mind me asking, where are you from?" I asked curiously as I leaned against the closed locker.

"Well, I am from Italy but I moved here a few years ago." He explained as he put his things in his locker.

Grayson and I had a lot of classes together, except Italian.

"I could help you in your Italian class if you'd like." He offered as he closed his locker and faced me.

"You don't have to." I muttered looking down getting a bit shy.

"Just know that if you need anything in Italian, I am here." He said, looking at me with a genuine look.

"By the way, who are you sitting with at lunch?" He asked me.

"I am going to sit with Kelsey and her friends." I told him looking at him as looked confused.

"Are you not going to sit with your brother?"

"I was going to sit with him but then Kelsey asked me to sit with her." I told him. I was still a little hesitant.

"Okay, see you later." He said saluting.

"See you later."I laughed looking as he entered the cafeteria.

I went to the cafeteria, as I entered, I was overwhelmed with the amount of people and the noise.

I felt my heart racing, I started to take deep breaths to calm down.

When I was calm enough, I looked around for Austin, but I saw Kelsey first sitting at a table with two boys and a girl.

I was about to keep looking for Austin when I felt hands wrap around my waist, pulling me to them.

I looked up to see that it was Jamie. I smiled at him,"I missed you." I said hugging him.

"I missed you, too." He said hugging me back before leaning in and kissing me.

I pulled away after two seconds because I don't really feel comfortable with PDA.

This always annoyed Jamie.

He took my hand and was walking me to an empty table, I saw kelsey as she walked towards us.

She stood in front of us,"Come on, Avery. Come sit with us. You can come sit with us too." She sais looking at Jamie.

She lead us to her table, we sat down as Kelsey started to introduce me to her friends.

"That's Avery, the new girl, introduce yourself guys." She said.

There was silence as they looked at blonde girl with straight hair, her face was caked with makeup. I am not one to judge but I don't think she so nice.

"I am Tatiana, I am 17." She said coldly, looking at me with her blue eyes.

"Be nice, babe." The boy next to her said as he wrapped his hand around her bare shoulder.

"I am Ryder, I am Ryan's twin and this is my girlfriend." Ryder said pointing at Tatiana.

And then there is Ryan, I saw him at first class.

"Hey, I am Ryan, Ryder's twin as you already know and I am Kelsey's boyfriend as you already know. Why am I always the last one to speak, I have nothing new to say." He muttered the last part as he sighed dramatically, causing me, Kelsey and Ryder to chuckle a little.

"I am Jamie, I am Avery's boyfriend." Jamie said.

"What made you move here?" Ryder asked me.

"My dad changed the location of the company, so we had to move." I told him simply.

"Is your father the CEO of the company or something to change the location?" Tatiana asked, laughing sarcastically.

"Yes." I said furrowing my eyebrows at her, I wasn't appreciating her tone at all.

She sobered immediately and looked at me as if I was crazy,"What the hell?!"

"What's wrong with you?! You can't believe that someone is richer than you?" Kelsey argued with Tatiana.

"Hey, hey. It's okay, it's nothing really." I said trying to calm Kelsey. She huffed and glared at Tatiana.

It was awkward silence after that. I was upset with myself for causing problems within the group.

"What is that on your hand?" Ryan asked me pointing at my hand.

I looked down at my hand to see him pointing to the burn on my hand that I got when I was four years old, from when I was kidnapped.

I hid it quickly under my leg and looked at him, "It's just a burn." I said as I started to feel my heart beat quickly.

"Are you okay?" Jamie asked me, with worry in his eyes.

"Yeah, I just need a few minutes." I said as I stood up,"Excuse me."

I said as I made my way out of the cafeteria.

I was upset, I always didn't like my hand because of that burn.

I leaned against the wall beside the cafeteria's door.

I was so lost in thoughts that I didn't realise that the cafeteria door opened.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I looked up to see Austin with a worried look in his eyes.

"I am fine." I said trying to act fine as not to worry him more.

"I know something is wrong, please tell what is it. Did anyone upset you?" He kept asking and I know that he would not stop until I tell him what's wrong.

I raised my hand showing him the mark.

"Avy, you know that this is what makes you, you. You are beautiful and your hand is amazing like that, if anyone doesn't like it, well, they can go to hell." He said the last part laughing a little. "What I mean to say, don't let anyone make you feel down or that you are not good enough. You are perfect like that."

He said looking into my eyes, I hugged him getting emotional.

"Do you feel any better?" He asked after a few minutes of silence.

"Yeah." I said.

"Did you make any friends?" He asked.

"I don't know." I answered truthfully.

"We will talk more about that when we go home."

"Yeah."

We entered the cafeteria and I went to sit to see that they all had worry covering their face, except Tatiana, obviously.

"Are you okay?" Kelsey asked.

"Yeah, I am fine, don't worry about it."

•••

Hey guys!

I know that this is a very short chapter, so I will upload chapter 4 in two days not next week.

Hope you enjoyed that chapter.

Don't forget to vote, comment, share and follow.