Scum Villain Self-Saving System

Scum Villain's Self-Saving System/SVSSS/Scum Villain

Pinyin: Rén zhā fǎnpài zìjiù xìtǒng

Author: Mo Xiang Tong XiuGenre: Xianxia, Yaoi, Isekai (Don't at me, this counts as Isekai)

Pairing: Shen Qingqiu (shou)/ Luo Binghe (gong)

Ship name: Bingqiu

Plot:

Shen Yuan, a hater of the novel Proud Immortal Demon Way, a harem xianxia novel, got transported in that novel after he died. The term is 'transmigration', remember that next time if you got used on Isekai. So, he got inside the novel as the villain, Shen Qingqiu, with a system telling him what to do or what not do, and he gains B-points and lose them depending on how he acts. He was tasked to change the story into something better without going OOC (Out of Character) and so he did that. The main character of the Proud Immortal Demon Way is Luo Binghe, and Shen Qiuqiu was his shizun (cultivation teacher), who later on betrays him and pushes him off a cliff resulting him to learn about his identity as a half-demon. A lot of changes happened from the original novel and in the end...you know what's gonna happen, this is a BL after all. Enemies to lovers with a very hilarious main character.

Read if you like:

Transmigration/Isekai stories

Magic Chinese Men Surfing on Swords Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

A lot of comedy

A lot of angst too

A pretending to be calm yet so dramtic deep inside shou x a used to be cinnamon roll turned yandere gong

Demons and curses and all that jazz

Warning: Don't read if you:

- Are not fond of yanderes, you know, the brooding, I-will-kill-everyone-who-touch-you type 

 - Are not fond of dubcon 

 - Again, if you're a kid, go read fairytale books first, honey 

 - don't like to be drowning in angst and the pain of MISCOMMUNICATION

Spoiler filled Personal Review:

-

-

-

-

Scum Villain has the MC closest to my heart out of all MXTX works. Shen Qingqiu is just the best, I love him. He's not just funny, he's also a very outstanding person who has a naturally good heart. I've already written a fanfiction for this so you know how much I love this.Ah, but details, details. I don't dislike anything from MXTX's works that much. But I have to say, up until the end, Luo Binghe did not grow on me. When he was still the innocent disciple type, that was cute. Upon his turning he became... not my type. A hot mess. He was a tad bit too brooding and dramatic later on. He was also immature in a way that I don't quite like. I mean, I understand the appeal, but this type of gong is just not for me. Liu Qingge was starting to steal the show a bit but I think Shen Qingqiu still deserve better than either of them.

No, actually I think if it was just longer and the story did not end on the relationship just starting, but them spending time together and growing closer instead, I think I'll dig it. Show us the goods, give us some fluff, and maybe it'll be redeemed. But I love this story, really, who am I to complain? It's funny, endearing, and it broke my heart during the SQQ almost death scenes even if I say I don't care for Luo Binghe much. That's how good it is. The side characters are great, the progression is also great, though the ending parts feels a bit rushed.

An 9.3/10, share your SVSSS memes in the comments because I CAN'T GET ENOUGH. Man, the donghua is really good, especially the voice acting of SQQ, go watch it if you haven't.