Heaven Official's Blessing

Pinyin: Tian Guan Ci FuAuthor: MXTX

Genre: Xianxia, Yaoi

Pairing: Xie Lian/Hua 

Ship Name: Hualian

Plot:

This is a story about gods and ghost kings and events that spans for hundreds of years, so it's quite long. Xie Lian is a god who ascended to the heavens three times because he keeps descending. All the other gods and heaven officials think of him as a useless god or a god of bad luck, he was also referred to as the garbage god because he lives the Earth like a wastrel just eating garbage from the streets. Anyway, upon his third ascension, he got assigned to a case of missing brides on a mountain, and after some intriguing side story revolving a vengeful ghosts and affairs of a martial god, he met a mysterious figure that turned into many butterflies. He was warned about the ghost king, Hua Cheng, but he was like "Eh whatever, what do I have to do with that Hua Cheng anyway?". Then when he proceed to build his own temple, he met San Lang, a young lord who have nothing better to do and keeps following him around.See, here's the problem. I can't entice you into reading Heaven Official's Blessing without delving into spoiler territory, but just know that this is a story of one of the strongest undying love I've ever read. Stealing Nike's slogan, I say "Just Read It".

Read if you like:

Stories of gods, mythology, and ghosts

Hot men with eyepatches

Simp gongs who act all cool and mysterious but has a precious backstory x a smile through the pain, must also protect shou who suffered A LOT

Angst enough for 3 lifetimes

Juicy Mystery and surprise villains that are also hot

Warning! Don't read if you:

-are an innocent, snivelling baobei, don't read the extras, but everything else is pretty clean

- are not fond of gore and angst

-not used to heavy reading, this has 5 books, a lot happened

Spoiler filled Personal Review

-

-

-

-

This is my favorite MXTX book and my favorite MXTX couple. TGCF is such a rollercoaster of emotions for me. I love Fengqing even though it's not canon. Beefleaf breaks my heart to pieces but I still dare to hope they get together in the end.

And Hua Cheeeeenngggg! The devotion, everything he went through just for gege is just... Wow. Xie Lian deserves happiness after all the shit he's been through and happiness he did get in the form of a very sexy and loyal to the core ghost king. And Xie Lian is also an admirable man, his heart is pure and willing to sacrifice for everyone else, letting himself take the fall (and thousands of stab wounds T_T).

Get yourself a man like Hua Cheng or Xie Lian. You can't, they're god tier.

The plot twist villain was so good and all the world building is top notch. The extras are really good though some of them are so weird haha.

And the community is so alive a flourishing because of the donghua (can't wait for it to get to Netflix). The manhua's art is.... Uggghh! How can something so beautiful exist?! Starember really did them justice, they really had the visage of gods.

9.6/10, I love it, I'm very satisfied with it. Even if the story spans for 5 books revolving many events, I did not stop reading it for 5 days straight. (Even during online class, lol). I'm used to reading long books anyway. Share your thoughts and favorite parts of the story in the comments!