Itinerant Doctor

Note: Read first The Ultimate Blue Seal which share the same universe so you will get the references and understand the world and characters better. Don't be like me who's a dumbass and didn't even check which book should I read first, I'm just writing these reviews in chronological order of when I read them.

Pinyin: You Yi

Author: Priest

Genre: Sci-fi, Psychological, Yaoi

Pairing: Kou Tong (shou)/ Huang Jinchen (gong)

Ship Name: Jintong

Plot:

After the siege of the terrorist group Utopia, we now get to meet two interesting characters from Ultimate Blue Seal and have a plot revolving the Projector, a machine that can transport you to the world of your conscience, which was shown for a short while in the Ultimate Blue Seal. Dr. Kou Tong, the psychologist and our shameless itinerant doctor had a new teammate assigned to him: it wad none other than the 'Gun', Utopia serial number 11235, Huang Jinchen. This man with inhuman shooting skills hit it off instantly with the always smiling Dr. Kou: they're exactly the same brand of shamelessness. An investigation and a glitch led them to being stuck in the Projector world of 7 different consciousness, and they try to escape while trying to also deal with their personal problems and developing feelings for each other.

Read if you like:

- psychology (there's a lot of it here)

- weird dream worlds

- tarot cards

- an all-smiles sly fox shou with trauma x a gunslinger sly fox gong with trauma

- philosophy (I can't even count how many quotes did I save from this book, it's so profound)

- The Ultimate Blue Seal, of course (and if you want to have more of Chang Dou and Fang Xiu, they are here! And they have extras too!)

- Silent Reading's main couple dynamic, it's a lot like that

Warning! Don't Read if You:

- are triggered by themes like self-harm, trauma, suicide, and child abuse

- can't handle R18

Spoiler filled Personal Review

-

-

-

-

I love love love love Kou Tong and Huang Jinchen's relationship! They flirt all the time but also has serious moments where they comfort each other from their traumas and problems and it so good, just like in Silent Reading!

Ayysh, I feel it's too short though, I wish it was longer. Some parts happened so fast and I want more exploration of the 7 consciousness world. It's really good! The Projector is such a cool concept. And I really love the depth on this story, my favorite consciousness would be Lao Tian's eternal world with his dog, it's so bittersweet. Their endings are very realistic and not really perfect but still hopeful except for He Xiaozi, I feel sad for him.

But anyway, this is a very philosophical book and it made me think over life in general many times. Psychology is also an interest of mine so it definitely hits the spot.

Also, Chang Dou and Fang Xiu!!!! I love Chang Dou, he's such an adorable dork and I really like his type who never gives up and is such dumbass nerd! I kinda wish they have their own story in the same universe, maybe some more RZ Unit cases? I really like their universe, I wish there was more.

9. 4/10, share your thoughts in the comments. I feel like this is one of Priest's more underrated works, which is a shame. If you can find a similar story to this one or with a similar couple dynamic as Kou Tong and Huang Jinchen or Chang Dou and Fang Xiu, please recommend them to me!