one

2 years later
Manhattan, New York

Victoria Brown

"You lied."

"No, I wasn't ly-"

"You lied to everyone."

"It was a small change of the truth, okay! You should be thanking me."

"You said you got the money, where is it then? Huh?"

Lorenzo, the head of the Mafia Associates Institute, stands from his desk and rolls his eyes. He is angry and I know why but it had to be done, in order for my safety and everyone else here. But I'm okay, I'm okay, and he's just making this a huge deal.

I've known Lorenzo my whole life— I counted him as a father figure when my biological dad died. Or I don't even know if he's actually dead and I wouldn't care because he's a piece of shit.

All my life, Lorenzo trained me for where I am today. The Mafia. I know, a women in the mafia? I thought it was only for rich Italian men with cigars?

Well I'm an associate. A mafia involved associate. For this you don't need to be Italian or inherit their blood, you can be anything however you need to be wherever the actual members need you to be. For example, I work in the field of trafficking drugs, highway robberies, and their very own hitwomen. I don't question, I just do.

You give me a task and I have no problem implementing. I've worked for the mafia for years, But I'm not in the mafia.

Lorenzo and Laurence are my bosses. They plan the missions and I take measure. People are usually scared of the two, but I'm not. I don't see them as a threat even if they control my whole life, I'm not agitated. They'd never hurt me or put me in severe danger because Lorenzo and Laurence see me as their very own daughter. Also I'm the best this institute has. The rest of the comrades would all be in jail if it wasn't for me.

"You were incautious!" He continues to shout, digging his palms onto the desk. I lean forward in my chair, resting my chin in my free hand, and having the sudden urge to burst out into laughter due to Lorenzo asserting his authority.

"I saved Louis's life! He was almost shot so I had no other choice but to drop the money and leave."

"In her defense, Louis' life is far more valuable than stolen money." Niall chimes in as bringing his attention to Laurences dog, squeezing its fluffy face.

I love dogs

"Yes Niall, you're absolutely right. But Victoria had lied and said she obtained the cash when she really didn't" Lorenzo fires back.

"If the money is so important and might I say more important than our best friends life then I'll go shake my ass on some nasty pole and acquire some more." I jump out of the chair while utterly snapping; Niall yanking me back down by the wrists.

"Vi, I wouldn't do that..." Niall silently whispers in my ear.

He's right I shouldn't but whoops? I already did. I know whenever I give out my bitchy attitude I get the punishment. Which I am not scared of a lot of things but god, that's a nightmare I hate living. The bigger members of the mafia handle the associate punishments, not our bosses but the leaders. The people who've controlled this illegal organization. The people who created it.

Lorenzo controlled his anger and his face turned a lighter shade of red. Whilst fixing the random files on his desk, he clutches the black office phone, dialing a number I can't see. The call only lasted roughly 2 seconds hence the only words he said were "Come here" before slamming the phone down.