captain x reader

art cr eyebaus on ig (:

cw: strong language (just sniper bein' sniper)

i should've recognized that i should demonstrate how i write first so people know what style to expect. ha, silly me. welp, here we go.

i haven't written in so long so these plots may be garbage. i hope this garbage will suffice for now until i work on improving my style. thanks for bearing with me;;

"So I was on recon, right? Saw Bill and heard him calling out and waving? Even had a genuine smile on his fuckin' face." A brisk, smoky exhale. "Little did he fuckin' know what those fucks were gonna do to him."

Setting your elbow on the table, you rest your chin on your palm as Sniper continues ranting about the death of a recruit. Bill, you recalled. All you knew about him was that he had a wife, but other than that, you never knew him well, seeing as he was one of the newer of the fully-trained soldiers.

"Buckle your fuckin' seatbelts, (Y/N), because I fuckin' shit you not," he exclaims, pointing his clope at you, "first day on the fuckin' job, and boom! There goes Bill's fuckin' head all over the fuckin' place."

"No," you mutter in a tone of slight disbelief, your expression contorting into one of sympathy. There really was no space left for moments of peace in this goddamn war.

"Yeah, ya fuckin' believe that shit? And you know snipers?"

You wave away the smoke blown at you from his following exhale, resisting a cough in the process, as he continues, "They're just a bunch of sick little fucks. Sure we could put one in your fuckin' heart, but hey, takin' your dick off instills fear.. in the enemy. It's all about the fuckin' mind games, man." He grimaces, glancing down at his cigarette. "Fuckin' little fucks."

Despite the mournful event, you can't help but chuckle-- mentally, of course-- at his lack of a filter. It could be a bit much at times, but amusing nonetheless.

"Damn. How's his wife holding up?"

You jolt a little in your seat, hearing a familiar but new voice join the conversation. You quickly wrap one hand around your waist, reaching for the gun in your holster but not yet pulling it out, as you turn your head, only to find Captain eyeing you both with a halfhearted frown. 

You immediately relax, but have a hard time nonchalantly returning to your normal posture as you process who it is. To say the least, despite not having interacted much, you seemed to have taken a liking to your captain over the past few months of becoming part of the team.

Seeming to not have noticed the different voice, Sniper continues, "Probably still fuckin' shaken. Hasn't responded to anyone that's reached out to her. These fucks really think shit's sweet out here. Whoever fuckin' thought it'd be a funny joke to blast Bill's head to fuckin' pieces will surely be laughin' at some fuckin' bullets up their ass soon. Mark my fuckin' words, (Y/N)."

Nodding with an entertained smile, you reply, "Noted", before turning to the leader beside you and giving a smaller nod, and he tilts his head at you with intrigue, indicating his attention was now on you. You slightly lift up your mug, now half-filled with a beverage that's hopefully not piss, as you greet him with an "Afternoon, Captain."

"Afternoon indeed, princess. Great day out today." Gunshots in the distance.

The tips of your ears warm up, flustered from the sudden pet name, which are luckily hidden under your helmet. Turning to Sniper, he then says, "Still hung up on old Bill, huh, Sniper?" With that remark, he gives him a heavy pat on the shoulder.

"Jesus fuck! Fuckin'-- oh hey Captain!" Annoyance flashes in Sniper's eyes until he realizes who it is, and immediately returns to his casual demeanor. "Just lettin' (Y/N) know how sick we fuckers can get out here. They're not new around here, but," a shrug as he says so, "someone has to remind 'em that some of us are some real psychos out in the field." A mischievous glint fleets across Sniper's goggles.

"I don't think there's anyone who doesn't know that yet, Sniper, but I won't try to get your panties in a bunch." You cock your head to the side with your retort, a playful smile following suit.

Nodding in a sarcastic manner, Sniper then turns to Captain to continue on about those "fucking fucks", and you too face Captain, whom you find staring back at you with an ambiguous smile. You hadn't realized he'd already pulled up his own chair. Almost out of instinct, your body betrays you as you instantly gulp, and tense up under his indecipherable gaze. Your tension nearly goes unnoticed, except for the one person you hoped hadn't noticed.

Although speaking to Captain, Sniper seems to be in his own world at this point, eyes darting to the sky, to his cigarette, and barely paying attention to he's actually speaking to as he continues on with his rants. Seems like you're on your own now.

You almost miss the grin slightly widen as Captain starts, "Why don't we speak more often, princess?"

You attempt to calm your nerves, quietly exhaling before continuing. You can't keep reacting with bashfulness when he calls you that. "Well, I don't know, sir. I guess you assign me to different sectors often?"

"Mm. How have I never noticed? Well, I guess I'll remember to put a fine piece of ass like you in the same sector from now on then."

After a bit of comprehension, you flush, now placing your mug on the counter to stop it from shaking any further. It seemed nervewracking but exciting all at the same time. Was it really that easy?

You purse your lips for a moment, unsure how to respond. Thinking to yourself, however, you weren't exactly sure if this was the right path you were expecting to go down with your captain.

"That's very flattering, Captain, but I think I can confidently state there's much more to me than a fine piece of ass," you counter, mustering a reassuring balance of composure and flirtatiousness within the statement.

You spot his eyebrows arch ever so slightly up with intrigue as he smirks and responds, "Then you wouldn't mind me finding out what more there is if I took you out for dinner tonight?" He looks around at the bustling atmosphere of other tankmen, then returns his attention to you. "Just the two of us?"

You hold back a grin, a bit more satisfied with this implication, but then pause. "Tonight? What if they--"

"Tonight," he emphasizes just as you did, "is when they plan on binging Back to the Future. Heard 'em talking while on reconaissance. We won't be bothered by those bastards tonight.

I was gonna drop by and join in, but," he pauses, now leaning towards you and lowering his voice, "I think I found something more interesting to do tonight."

You suppress the shiver down your spine, and offer a calm but determined grin. "I guess I'll see you tonight, Captain."

"See you tonight, princess."

if there's one thing i've learned, it's that putting sniper in any fic or episode or just anything can make you curse more than you might ever in your entire lifetime

this honestly took so long to make bc i thought i would make myself a hypocrite if i complained about ooc ff's and then made my ff's ooc as well-- i hope this is at least somewhat ?? accurate ??? i don't think it is. lmao, anyway i hope this was content nonetheless. cya.