captain x steve

art cr tineyincubus on ig i love. their style (:

cw: mild language

tiddyCroissant2 thanks for the req!- sorry if i'm wrong but i assumed you meant captain for tankman, but please lmk if you meant someone else,,

i'm not well practiced in fluff nor am i too fond of it but i'll try my hand at it anyways..! hope it turns out ok...

tiddycroissant is a lovely handle, btw

"... Seems like a decent spot."

"That's definitely what we can conclude from seeing this body, Cap."

"Well that body doesn't belong to anyone from our side, does it? Looks like just another moron from one of their troops."

"Fair enough."

Steve kicks the corpse aside as he settles in a location he and Captain chose to check in on the enemy forces, see if they could collect any info on their upcoming plans or potential advances.

At first, Captain had ordered him to go alone, but Steve, as Steve does, convinced him to tag along. He said he was in the mood for some company, and Captain sure couldn't turn an offer like that down from his best bud. What kind of company he wasn't aware of yet, but he obliged with curiosity and anticipation.

They happened to stumble across two adjacent walls forming a corner, just tall enough for the two to crouch behind, and wide enough to fit at least twice as many soldiers. The rest of the wall-- or the building, for that matter-- must have been destroyed at some point to have left two conveniently-placed walls.

It's a bit out in the open for a barren warzone, but dense enemies wouldn't make this an issue. Also, the many piles of debri scattered throughout the rest of the field render the walls inconspicuous, anyway.

Steve, with drowsy eyes, peeks past the side of the wall for a few seconds, seeing a few arrows from within the enemy territory-- they were far enough from it to not be noticed, but close enough to vaguely make out any conversation-- shuffle around, before sliding down the wall. "Nothing out of the ordinary, Captain. Looks like they felt like slacking off today."

Captain, looking over the wall, nods in a more-or-less type of agreement before leaving his place and gazing down at his pal, then sneering. "Is this why you needed company, Steve? So I'll be here to save your ass if someone wants to try anything while you get your beauty sleep?"

"Something like that," Steve mumbles, then chuckles. "No one's ass'll need saving. I'll be fine."

Captain scrunches up his brows before taking a seat beside him. "Is everything really alright, buddy?" He couldn't help but be concerned-- this is Steve we're talking about here.

"Haven't been feeling too peachy, but that's nothing out of the ordinary. I guess I'm just tired?"

"Tired? Of the war?" That would be unusual. Steve was normally the one to go all out when it came to dealing with enemies. What's with the angst now?

In return, Captain receives a scrutinizing stare. "Don't get so deep, Captain. I'm literally just tired."

Oh.

Captain couldn't tell if Steve was annoyed or not, but it wouldn't matter regardless.

"And? What am I supposed to do about that?" Although Captain can't convey sympathy in his tone, he was genuinely trying to make an effort this time. It just didn't necessarily seem to be coming out the right way, though.

Then, Steve lowers his head onto his captain's shoulder, yawning.

Startled, Captain makes to back away, but pauses, considering-- for once in his life-- the overall energy Steve had been giving through this whole thing so far, then mutters, "The hell are you doin', Steve..."

"Shut up, Cap... just shut up." Steve lethargically swings an arm and latches on to Captain's other shoulder, and shifts his weight to face his body towards the other, sighing and burying his face further into the crook of the leader's neck.

The leader makes another attempt to fire another complaint at the soldier, but this time, can't seem to find the right words. Completely flustered.

Instead, he mumbles, trying to ignore the heat rising in his cheeks, "You sure you're not sick or anything? What's going on...?" He then tries to maneuver his hands towards Steve's helmet to remove it and check the man's temperature, but Steve grasps both of his wrists before the hands reach him.

"Jesus Christ, will you just? Shut up..? I'm.. I'm just..." Steve waves his hand as a gesture to dismiss the rest of his sentence, and reattaches his hand onto the other's shoulder, wraps the other around his waist, and suddenly grabs onto the leader and lugs him to the grainy floor.

Captain lets out an expletive mixed with a strained grunt as his back collides with the ground, and feels the urge to cuss out the man beside him. When he feels Steve rest his head on his vest, though, he holds himself back, his lips closed into a tight line as his face continues to burn, having been caught entirely off guard by now.

"If I could just rest for 5... 5 minutes, Cap." Captain considers worrying about any prying eyes finding them in such a compromising position, but figures who the hell cares. Whoever put a damn sleeping pill in his drink seemed like a much more appropriate thing to think about, but for now, he returns his full attention to the half-unconscious Steve practically pinning him down.

The hell got into him... After a bit of reluctance, Captain shakily raises the hand opposite the side Steve was lying on and, uncertainty crossing his features, gives his back light, rhythmic pats. What the hell was he doing? What was he, a dad? Some kind of, what, a damn lover?

The latter thought caused his entire body to shudder. He couldn't figure out if the spastic movement was from disgust or, possibly, hope.

Steve then takes an extra step forward and hoists a leg up, placing it over Captain's own legs and leaving him now completely trapped.

Captain closes his eyes and abruptly exhales. As much as he would hate to admit, there was now a spark of contentment within his current discomfort.

Rather than voicing out a more pleasant comment, he grumbles, "Damnit, Steve.."

Instead of another snap from Steve, his retort receives a light snore. Captain finally looks back down at his partner, realizing he'd fallen asleep.

Well. What now?

After hesitant consideration, Captain finally caves in, and turns towards the other, getting a full view of Steve's face for the first time in a bit as he wraps an arm around the other's torso. There was a calming feeling to the peacefulness in Steve's expression as he dozed off, an expression Captain wasn't used to seeing up close. This feeling now brought a sense of fatigue, and Captain had wondered for a quick moment if Steve's exhaustion was contagious or something.

That mattered little to none now as Captain's eyes began to droop, glancing one last time at Steve's tranquil appearance, connecting their foreheads, and murmuring one last "damnit" before he drifts off to sleep himself.

mmMjJsmMmZmM ??? i can't... fluff...... sorry........