Chapter Fifteen 14th April 2005.

Nathaniel had talked to Evelyn the day prior about what she had seen. But soon discovered that she doesn't remember that she just had a bad dream about a scary man.

He was itching to talk to Noah, at his creepy demeanour the other day and who that woman was on the landing.

He thought of Aaliyah, it was the only thing that made sense, how she died... more specifically where she died, especially how the woman just fell off with that... thing on the landing.

Noah hadn't been 'well' enough to join everyone yesterday, according to Bonnie. Nathaniel wasn't as convinced; he knew Noah knows more than he's letting on and just thinking about it made his brain twitch.

"N-a-than!" Evelyn draws out. Nathaniel snaps out of thought, turning to look at her, "Yeah?".

"I said," she inhales sharply, "Miss Tall wants to go to the shops!". Nathaniel turns his attention back to the dollhouse on top of the small table in her room.

"Ah I see," he says, taking out the small toy of a young woman in a suit, he coughs, clearing his throat.

"Then we must hurry!" he says, his voice a little higher than normal. Evelyn beams, "You get the suitcases then!".

"Suitcases?" Nathaniel asks, puzzled as he breaks character.

"Do the voice," Evelyn instructs, her tone turning slightly dark.

"For a kid, sometimes you scare me," Nathaniel mutters.

Evelyn gives him an unimpressed look, "Well, of course, the suitcases!" he says in the voice.

"However, will we do our shopping without them!" he adds a little sarcastically in a high-pitched tone.

Evelyn hops up off of her bed and runs towards the slightly large toy car at the other end of the room. Nathaniel couldn't help but wonder how normal she could be, as though she didn't see, or hear Noah or that... thing, the other night.

Evelyn rolls the car towards the house, just as Nathaniel checks the time on his worn watch. 14:21 pm, he sighs, "Right missy, I've got to make your lunch, so let's take a break yeah?".

Evelyn makes a whining sound in her throat.

"It'll just be for a little bit," he says.

She looks down at the toy car in front of her but doesn't say anything.

He clears his throat once again, "So before I go, let's do a count check?".

Evelyn raises her brows, "Count check?".

"Of all our dolls, so I know who I'll miss before I come back," he says, trying to cheer her up.

Evelyn shuffles on her knees towards the dollhouse. She points at a small male toy upstairs in one of the bedrooms, "Eric," she announces.

"Check," says Nathaniel like a mental list.

She points to the car, "Bonnie".

"Check".

Evelyn points to the driver's seat, a barbie doll behind the wheel, "Miss Tall".

"Check..." he says, snapping his fingers, "who's Miss Tall again?".

"My teacher," she stretches, moving the tall car.

"Ah hah, where am I again?" he asks.

She points to the toy German Shepard in the room next to the one the toy Eric is in.