27

Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore popped a lemon drop in his mouth, as Sirius went on about how he had the rights to obtain custody over Harry. Remus was backing his husband up with accusations of child abuse from Vernon Dursley's, as well as Albus's hand. They were also both threatening to take Harry out of the school since his life was endangered. Again.

Dumblewh0re pressed the tips of his fingers together. "But you don't hold that authority. The only ones who can legally pull Harry from school are Petunia and Vernon Dursley. And as they aren't present.... Well, it's safe to say that Harry will continue his education."

"Dumbledore, Harry has just been poisoned!" Remus said, barely containing his anger. "Another student was cursed by a locket! Are you really doing everything to keep the students safe?! What if Voldemort finds a way to break in the school, and kills Harry?!"

"Mr. Lupin, that won't happen. Harry will be fine. And just a little tip:" Dumbledore's eyes were no longer twinkling. "You do not want to make me into your enemy.... Not that I am of course!"

The smile and twinkling blue eyes were back.

"I'm just saying, you might want to be careful of what you are saying. Someone may interpret your words as a threat to my position as Headmaster."

"That sounds an awful lot like a threat to me." Sirius said.

"Does it?" Dumbledore asked lightly. "Well, I have other appointments. I'm sure you know your way out."

Sirius and Remus left the office.

"We go with Plan B?" Remus asked.

Sirius nodded. "Let's hope he can't go against the Goblins."

Up in his office, Dumbledore was frowning at his deadened hand. He had hoped that the Black-Lupins would not be a problem. But they were clearly way more invested in Harry's well-being than he'd anticipated.

And Draco would have to be dealt with.

Harry could not die.

Not yet, anyway.....

"I need that memory!" Dumbledore whispered to Fawkes.

≈•≈•≈•≈•≈•≈•≈•≈•≈•≈•≈•≈

Harry woke up a few days later, and Ron and Hermione came to visit him in the hospital.

"Hi Harry. How are you feeling?" Ron asked.

"Fine, I guess," Harry said sitting up.

He was still a bit weak, but the poison was slowly working it's way out of his system.

Hermione said, "Ron and I were talking about it, and we think Draco is the one behind it."

Harry fixed her with a confused look. "Why would Draco want to poison me?"

"Because he's a Death Eater," Ron said. "Katie was cursed. You were poisoned. He threatened you back on the train. Harry, open your eyes! He's trying to kill you! It's probably what You-Know-Who wants!"

Harry shook his head. "No, Ron. You're wrong. Draco wouldn't do that!"

Ron scoffed. "And why not? Why are you still defending him?"

"I-" Harry ruffled his hair. "Because I know him, okay? He's not a killer."

"You know him?" Ron repeated. "Harry, you've spent the past six months fighting with Malfoy and talking nothing but trash about him. Now you're telling us that you know him? You're not friends!"