30

Harry and Draco had gotten back to Hogwarts safely, and without raising any suspicion. Actually, there was one thing that people did notice, and that was Harry and Draco walking into Hogwarts. Together. And laughing! And holding hands!

And so the Hogwarts gossip hive was buzzing in light of this new information.

Draco and Harry were in the library studying for their final exams, when they were approached by Pansy.

"Is it true?" Pansy asked them quietly.

"Is what true, Pansy?" Draco asked.

"You and Potter are dating?"

"Yes." Draco told her.

Pansy let out a shriek, and then threw her arms around her best friend. "Oh thank Merlin! Finally!"

Madam Pince popped out from behind a bookshelf and snapped at them to be quiet!

Pansy waited until she'd slipped away, before hugging Harry.

"Take good care of Draco! And I just want you to know, Potter, that I've always liked you. I just couldn't show it. You two are perfect for each other!"

"Er... Thanks?" Harry said, uncomfortably.

"Pansy? Think you can let go of my boyfriend now?" Draco asked.

Pansy released Harry.

"Well, I'll be going now! See you later!" And she skipped away.

Harry smiled a little. Pansy didn't seem that bad. Maybe he could be friends with her?

≈•≈•≈•≈•≈•≈•≈•≈•≈•≈•≈•≈•≈

Harry and Draco snuck into Hogsmeade, and used the floo in The Three Broomsticks to go to Malfoy Manor. Draco was nervous about going home. His father was out of Azkaban. Bellatrix no longer saw him as family. And he was worried for Harry.

Harry was a ball of anxiety. He would be introduced as Draco's boyfriend to a group of people who hated him.

Draco gave Harry's hand a quick squeeze. "It'll be alright, Potter. I'll be by your side the whole time."

Harry gave him a nervous smile. "Right." Harry gestured towards the floo. "Elders first."

"Malfoy Manor!" Draco said in a drawling voice, before stepping in, and being swallowed by the flames.

Harry counted to twenty, before following. As he slowed down, Harry braced himself for what awaited him.

Harry stepped out of the floo, and found himself being yanked into a hug.

"Harry!" Tom greeted him happily. "Welcome! How are you?"

Harry stared at Voldemort bewildered. "What the heck, Tom? Are you feeling alright?"

Tom ignored his question. "Nagini is all ready to go. Don't hurt her, please."

Harry was still thrown off by Voldemort's hug. He also noticed that Draco wasn't in the drawing room with them.

'So much for being by my side the whole time.' Harry thought.

"Where is Draco?" Harry asked Tom.

"He's having a talk with his family," Tom answered. He noticed the worried look in Harry's eyes. "Don't worry, Harry. I've forbidden Lucius and Bellatrix from harming him. Your boyfriend will be perfectly fine."