33

Harry was taken to the Hospital Wing, and Draco, Sirius, and Remus went with him.

When Madam Pomfrey checked Harry over, she could only shake her head when she found traces of Dementor Venom in Harry.

"He is one lucky boy," Madam Pomfrey said, as she cast a heating charm on Harry's blankets.

In the end, Harry was diagnosed with acute hypothermia, and something akin to surviving a Dementor's Kiss. He would have to stay in the Hospital Wing for a few days, so that Madam Pomfrey could monitor him in case he needed more severe treatment.

Hermione had been in earlier to get her nose fixed. She'd hurried out as quickly as possible, not wanting to be near Draco.

Bill Weasley had been scratched by Fenrir Greyback, so the Weasley family were sitting with him. Remus had assured them that Bill wouldn't be an actual Werewolf, but he would have some symptoms, such as craving meat.

Narcissa was amongst those visiting Harry. She hugged her son, telling him that Harry would be okay. Draco wouldn't believe her until he saw Harry awake.

≈•≈•≈•≈•≈•≈•≈•≈•≈•≈•≈•≈

Harry was swimming underwater. Actually, it was closer to just floating- or maybe sinking was a better description? Yes, he was sinking. Above him, Harry could see a bright light, but he was sinking towards the dark bottom of the lake he was in.

Dark creatures were moving past him. They were excited. They were counting down the seconds until he would drown, and then be with them forever.

'I don't want to drown! I don't want to be here! Let me out! Let me wake up!' Harry thought.

Someone pulled him towards the surface, and Harry found himself staring into the red eyes of Tom Riddle.

Harry opened his eyes, and saw a white ceiling. The smell of antiseptic filled his nostrils letting him know he was in the Hospital Wing.

Draco bolted out of his chair, and hugged Harry tight.

"Thank Merlin you're awake! I'm never letting you go off with crazy wizards by yourself again!"

Harry kissed Draco. "That's fine with me."

Draco smiled at him, before bursting into tears. Harry smoothed Draco's hair letting him cry.

"I'd thought I lost you!" Draco whispered.

"It's okay, Draco. I'm okay. You didn't lose me."

Draco just sobbed harder.

When Draco's tears had subsided, Harry held Draco until they both fell asleep.

≈•≈•≈•≈•≈•≈•≈•≈•≈•≈•≈•≈

Five days after Harry woke up, he was deemed healthy and allowed to leave. Draco made sure Harry was near him except during bed and certain classes. Ron and Harry had officially broken off their friendship with Hermione. And Ron had made sure to let everyone in Gryffindor know what Hermione had done.

Lavender and Ron were still going out, despite Hermione trying to sabotage their relationship. Harry actually thought they were pretty cute, once they'd stopped eating each other's faces in public.

In the last two weeks of the school year, a couple of things had happened that brought a smile to Harry's face every time he thought about it.
Dumbledore had died on his third night in Azkaban.
Sirius and Remus had sent Harry a letter telling him that he'd been officially adopted by them. (Harry had actual shrieked in happiness, which had startled many people in the Great Hall during breakfast.)
Tom had made it seem like Voldemort had been defeated during the battle. Then he'd Transfigured Wormtail's dead body into his, and used that as proof. Wormatil was buried in the empty grave his mother had made for him.

Overall, Harry thought it was a nice way to end his Sixth Year.

≈•≈•≈•≈•≈•≈•≈•≈•≈•≈•≈•≈

The Hogwarts students boarded the train back to King's Cross Station. Harry, Draco, Ron, Ginny, Luna, Neville, and Pansy got a compartment together. For the first time, the ride back wasn't accompanied by dread or sadness. They played cards and wizards chess, ate food from the trolley, and discussed their summer plans.

"We are going camping this year!" Draco said.

"I think I'll pass," Pansy said.

"Pansy, you can deal with a little mud for a few days." Draco said.

"MUD?! Absolutely not!" Pansy shrieked.

"And this year, Draco, you'd better come over!" Ron said. "You too, Neville."

"Okay," Neville said, with a shy smile.

"I will! I will!" Draco promised.

"This summer is going to be amazing!" Harry said, resting his head on Draco's shoulder.

The train came to a stop, and they gathered their luggage and got off. Draco stopped Harry before he could walk through the barrier.

Draco caressed Harry's cheek. "I'm going to miss you, Harry."

"We'll see each other next week," Harry reminded him.

"Yes, but that's nine days away." Draco pouted.

Harry kissed his boyfriend. "I love you, Draco. See you in nine days!"

"I love you too, Harry." Draco pecked Harry's lips three more times, and then waited until Harry had walked through the barrier before going to his parents.

On the other side of the barrier, Harry's grin grew when he saw Sirius and Remus waiting for him.

"Alright, Harry?" Sirius asked.

"Brilliant!" Harry said.

"Ready to go home, Harry?" Remus asked.

"More than ever!" Harry said.

And Remus, Sirius, Harry, and Hedwig Disapparated to the little blue house in the woods.

They were all finally home.

_____________
877 Words

AN: And that's a wrap folks!

I would like to thank every single Reader that has stuck around! Thank you so much for your upvotes and comments! They all mean a lot to me, and made it so that I wanted to write this story even more!

I hope you all have a great day/night!
Stay safe!

- Renee'