04."He worked it through with his pickup lines."

Xylina's POV

"The director of the agency is coming to the ball and weirdly he's keen in meeting you."
Xavier said putting his phone away in the pocket of his suit while holding the steering wheel with the other hand.

"Good. Because same." I did say yes to coming to the ball but that's because I'm just really curious about the agency that managed to stay hidden from me and this mission including such dangerous people. So I demanded a meeting with the director of the agency and Xavier thought it was fair enough.

It's not that I can't find out Xavier's entire biography and confirm his claims with a single phone call but the one receiving that phone call is already busy with something so I'd rather not disturb them at the moment.

That leaves me with only one choice. Stick with Xavier to find out myself.

The car stopped at the entrance of the venue and Xavier hurried out of the car at my side and held the door open for me. I gave him a look.

"Gentleman much, huh?" I grabbed his held out hand and stepped out of the car in the black long dress with a slit on my right leg, showing my cleavage. I ran a hand through my black neatly straightened hair with part in the middle. With my 4 inches black heels, I was on the same height as Xavier.

"I try." Xavier gave me a cheeky smile before he pulled me out of the way to close the door causing the distance between us to lessen.

The smile turned soon left his face as his eyes fell on my dark burgundy lips and down on my cleavage and further down. His jaw clenched as he sucked a breath, his eyes roaming around my body unapologetically. The tingles him checking me out gave me was a blissful torture. I felt confident, shy and insecure all at once while wanting the earth to open and swallow me whole. His grip on my hand unknowingly tightened.

He looked insanely hot in the all black three piece suit. The tie was the same dark burgundy as my lips and the brooch was silver like my belt. His silky hair was pushed back with a few gelled strands falling on his forehead. His sharp jaw could cut through a glass every time he clenched them. And what made my panties wet instantly was that damn tattoo on his throat that peaked out of his shirt.

"Clearly not all the time as I can remember a vague memory of being tased by a not so gentleman. Seriously, what were you thinking?" I whispered.

His eyes still on my lips, a smile formed on his own lips before his graze met mine. His hand left my hand and instead found its way around my waist, pulling me closer. "I'd do it again if it meant to have you in my arms." His minty breath fanned on my face and I felt a shiver going down my spine. "Ready for the night?" He asked with a tiny smile.

I took a deep breath before nodding. "Ready for the night."

With a confident smile he interlocked our hands before heading towards the crowded red carpet where paparazzi and photographs were clicking pictures of the high profile people.

After all I was his date for the night.

Xavier left my hand for seconds to grab a card from his pocket and I instantly missed a familiar warmth. I tucked my hair behind my back in an attempt to avoid the feeling.

The security guard immediately backed off seeing the card before wishing us a good time, giving us a free pass. I walked ahead eyeing at the red carpet. I recognized some or the most renowned businessmen, entrepreneur and even investors posing in front of the paparazzi while entering the venue. I realized this ball has to be something big and my curiosity about this mission grew even more.