Break-in

The van pulled to a halt just outside the gate. Andrews and Topaz leapt out, charging weapons and rounds. Planning to look like a radical, active protest. But they still needed to garner the attention of the guards. Topaz looked to check on the stealth team, on the cam. -only to see that they already disappeared. Good. Now they could make as much noise as possible. She fired a few rounds up at the tower, instantly getting the Guards attention. She heard shouting, good. It's party time.

...

Espio and Rouge raced through the hallways. Espio pressed his communicator, "Sally, we're almost to the cellblock. Where is he?"

Sally's voice broke through, "cell 20-B, Tower's information hasn't let us down yet. But be sharp, the Guardian may have an idea that we're here. Be careful."

Espio nodded to Rouge as they raced through the cellblock.

....

Shadow looked up at the looming syringe, strangely not afraid of the normally fearful implement. He wanted the freedom that would come from the injection. He leaned toward it, straining against the restraints. Just a little further, just a little more until he could see Safe Haven again! He could feel the metal brushing against his neck, c'mon a little more...the door to his cell opened a distortion of air whisked past his ear as the scientist was knocked over and onto the floor. A dark figure dressed in all black raced from the doorway and pulled the syringe away. What?! No! Nonononono! He had to get back!

He struggled against his straps, "No! Put me back! Take me back there!"

A chameleon appeared from thin air, the scientist's knock-out making more sense. Shadow strained, he needed to be safe again. He wanted to be safe again!

"Shh. Go back where? Back home?" A feminine voice coming from the dark figure.

As the dark figure tried to calm him, the chameleon started to pull off the

electrodes one by one.

As one was pried off Shadow felt something switch in his brain as the exhaustion and stress flooded back. It was too much for the strained hedgehog, he blacked out.

...

Rouge stopped Espio, "wait. I think he passed out."

Espio paused to see the unconscious form, "that's probably for the best, whatever they did to him put him under a lot. He'll need to rest."

Rouge nodded, "who knows, maybe once we get him out of here, he'll get his head cleared."

Espio lowered his head, "maybe...but I'm worried that whatever they did might be permanent or have some repercussions. But, we do still need to get him out of here."

Rouge nodded, moving towards the control panel. "Right, I'll see if I can turn off the restraints."

As Espio finished pulling off the electrodes, the blue energy flickered and powered down releasing the limp hedgehog. Espio looked over to Rouge, who smiled triumphantly as she moved back to the table. Espio pulled the hedgehog's arm over his shoulder, with Rouge on the other side mirroring his example. The hedgehog flopped over as they pulled him up, trying to carry him down the hall.

As they moved around the corner, Espio could hear a weapon clicking.

Both of them turned to see two Elite guards waiting for them.

Espio kept a steady gaze but spoke to Rouge, "get him out of here. I'll deal with these two."

"You sure," Rouge murmured as she took the hedgehog from his shoulders. Shifting the hedgehog to carry him, one arm under his back, the other under his knees.