Chapter 10

Disclaimer. I do not own anything from Naruto. I own the plot and if you want to build off my story please contact me first. Thank you. Enjoy!

________________________________________________________

Kakashi had heard rumors of a new Anbu captain chosen by the Hokage, which he was now fairly certain to be Haruchi. He had been introduced as a jounin but there must have been some secret Anbu mission that the red head was being sent on. The Third Hokage had done a good job of keeping it on the down low but Kakashi was worried Haruchi might attract some unwanted attention soon. But after seeing his skill firsthand, he had to wonder where Haruchi had been all this time. The children were still in shock over what they had seen.

"Kakashi-sensei, is that really the power of an jounin?" asked Naruto.

Sasuke was also curious. It looked like Haruchi might even have been stronger than Itachi! And Itachi had been hailed as a prodigy to top it off!!! 

Team 7 had been unpacking their belongings in the room that Tazuna's daughter had led them to. Haruchi had finished unpacking already and was downstairs helping her prepare dinner. Kakashi eye-smiled at the three genin.

"Well, you can be that strong if you train hard enough."

Sakura caught how Kakashi hadn't exactly answered Naruto's question but let it slide. She was determined to keep learning from Haruchi in order to get stronger. She couldn't believe how much she had improved under his help just on this trip alone!

__________________________________________

"Ah you are all done unpacking. Tsunami and I have made dinner."

The ninja and the family sat down to eat. Haruchi tensed as Inari came in, remembering what had happened last time. Dinner continued with Naruto filling most of the silence talking with his teammates about the tree walking training Kakashi had started them on before they had left the village on this mission. Each genin had managed to get to the top of the tree, with Sakura helping Naruto and Sasuke to have them all complete it in record time. Everyone was laughing and having a good time, and even Sasuke was smiling. 

"Stop!" 

Everyone turned to look at the little boy who had shouted.

"Why are you all so happy? You're just going to fail anyways. Gato will kill you. There's no point."

"Hey kid. How dare you! I never give up, cause I'm a ninja of the Hidden Leaf Village. Stop disrespecting ninjas like me and I'll show you by becoming hokage you brat." 

Sasuke and Sakura ran after Naruto who had stormed off. Haruchi nodded at Kakashi to go follow them while he headed after Inari who had also ran out of the room. Kakashi nodded back trusting Haruchi to help the boy. After all, with some crazy voodoo that the redhead had, he had managed to change Kakashi's very own genin!

Haruchi found the little boy outside, sitting and crying to himself. 

"Hey."

"Go away!"

Haruchi just sat down next to the boy and waiting for his sobs to die down a bit. 

"You know Naruto has probably lost more than you. He has gone through so much and still manages to be happy."

"Yeah, its kinda annoying at times."

Haruchi rolled his eyes and shushed Kurama. He refocused on Inari who had looked at him in disbelief and anger before calming at the serious look in the redhead's eyes. Haruchi then told the little boy a little about Naruto's past, not revealing Kurama's existence. Inari then looked deep in thought before determination settled in his eyes and he stood up.  Haruchi stretched his senses and found Naruto and the rest of Team 7 heading back to the house. He stood up as well and pointed the way to Inari who ran towards the approaching ninja with Haruchi following behind.