Chapter 5

Disclaimer. I do not own anything from Naruto. I own the plot and if you want to build off my story please contact me first. Thank you. Enjoy!

________________________________________________________

Haruchi stretched his arms as he walked through the gates of the leaf village. The trip to Suna had been fun, but he was glad to be home. The resealing had gone great and Gaara's family could already sense the difference in him. The Kazekage was extremely grateful and accepted the alliance. With a goodbye to Gaara, he had set off on his journey home. It was already almost dark when he made it home.

"Hello, Kotetsu and Izumo."

"Hi Haruchi-san."

"Hi, today we got a new bunch of genin graduates."

Haruchi froze hearing this. Crap. He had forgotten all about the Academy exams. That meant that around now Naruto was stealing the Forbidden Scroll. Haruchi muttered a curse under his breath and shot off to where he knew the event would be taking place.

He arrived in the small clearing where Mizuki, Naruto, and Iruka were. He had dampened his chakra and hid himself upon arrival. He saw Mizuki and Iruka talking while Naruto was not far away behind a tree.

"-You're wrong, he's nothing like the nine-tailed fox. He's Uzumaki Naruto, of the Village Hidden in the Leaves!"

Haruchi felt his heart stir up. Iruka had been one of the first to believe in him and always had a special place in his heart. He tensed as he prepared to interfere soon.

"Well, I guess I'll just kill you now!"

As Mizuki leapt forward, so did Naruto, trying to save his sensei. Naruto then suddenly pulled up short as Haruchi appeared in front of Mizuki, a kunai buried deep in Mizuki's chest. Haruchi then stepped back, jerking the kunai out of the now lifeless body. He watched it slump to the ground before turning around. Naruto was there in front of Iruka, his guard still up. Iruka relaxed seeing the recognizable cloak and mask of an anbu captain. 

"Well, now that the traitor has been taken care of. How have you been Naruto? Miss me?"

Naruto's eyes widened at the familiar voice. But who was it? Then his eyes snapped to Haruchi's. 

"Haruchi? Is that you? You're back!"

Haruchi chuckled a bit and removed his mask saying, "Yeah, it's me. I just got back a minute ago."

Naruto grinned and rushed up to Haruchi, tackling him in a hug. One of the few people who had been nice to him was back in Konoha. Behind him, Iruka was struggling a bit to stand up. He then walked over to the duo. Iruka had had his eyes narrowed at the stranger, but as he watched Naruto and Haruchi's interaction he relaxed and started to smile. Stopping in front of the two, Iruka stuck out his hand for Haruchi to shake.

"So you're the mysterious Haruchi that Naruto has been telling me about. It's nice to meet you. My name's Iruka. Thank you for helping us. Also, are you even allowed to remove your mask like that?"

Haruchi felt his eyes mist up a bit. Iruka was the one who was with him and cared about him the most during his childhood as jiji had work as the hokage. He grinned at the man, who was a bit unnerved at the similarities with Naruto's grin. 

"Yes, I'm Haruchi. I didn't realize I had been talked about so much." At this both adults looked at Naruto who flushed a bit, "I'm happy to meet you Iruka, and I trust you not to spread my identity as Fox around. I was on my way to report to the hokage after my mission but sensed some trouble."

Naruto, who at this point had been silent, interrupted the conversation. 

"Haruchi!!! You're an anbu captain! That's so cool! When I become hokage you can be my head anbu."