Chapter 2

Disclaimer. I do not own anything from Naruto. I own the plot and if you want to build off my story please contact me first. Thank you. Enjoy!

________________________________________________________

The sunlight filtering through the trees blinded him when he opened his eyes. Naruto quickly shut them again. Wait- Sunlight? Trees? His cerulean eyes shot open again and he ignored the slight pain from the light to marvel at what he saw. A forest. But not just any forest, it was the forest that surrounded Konoha!

"Kit. We made it. Thank Kami." 

It really was due to Kami. Naruto and Kurama would never forget Kami's sacrifice. Saving their precious people was possible! Kurama would never forget the people who in the end accepted him and fought alongside him and Naruto. 

"We should head to the Hokage Tower to talk with Jiji and sensei and make a plan."

And with that, Naruto set off. He sped through the village too fast to be seen. Naruto went straight to the tower because he wasn't sure how he would handle seeing Konoha so soon without speaking to someone first.

Concealing himself outside the open window of the Hokage's office, he spread out his chakra to sense who was in the room. Naruto quickly picked up on two chakra signatures. Pervy-Sage and jiji!

"Kit, there's no anbu around, so you don't need to go in henged."

"Thanks, Kurama"

Launching himself through the window, he gracefully landed in the middle of the office, facing two of his previously dead precious people. Naruto forced himself not to cry as he saw their faces. Both, Jiraiya and Hiruzen looked up when they realized his presence. The Sandaime smiled when he saw Naruto.

"Well Naruto what have you gotten yourself into now"

Naruto couldn't take it anymore and bolted towards his jiji and godfather, embracing them both for a full five minutes as he broke down in tears. The burden of the war had finally caught up with him and he was happy to see the two alive again. They exchanged glances and hugged him back, whispering encouragements into his ear. 

Both the toad sage and third hokage had been expecting Naruto, after having received visions and their future memories from Kami about what had happened. Jiraiya had immediately returned to Konoha to wait for Naruto's return. While neither of them had actually been among the last few in the war, they could understand what Naruto was going through. The two were proud to know what Naruto had become. They patiently waited for Naruto to collect himself. 

"Jiji, Pervy-Sage, I'm so happy to see you alive."

"Naruto, sensei and I are here for you."

"Yes, Naruto we are equals now as you are the Nanadaime. You have my utmost respect. Now, do you have a plan for what to do to save the future?" asked Hiruzen.

"I thought about it with Kurama on the way here. I'll change the events that lead to the future in flames and pick off the opponents who will become stronger earlier. For my disguise, I'll be a simple Anbu Captain and jounin. That way, jiji can send me on solo S-rank missions without dispute from the council, and I can become closer to the genin as I can tag along with their more difficult missions. My name will be Uzukaze Haruchi, as that's what I used in a previous spy mission." 

And, Naruto thought, it paid respects to team seven(Ha-Hattake, ru-Haruno, chi-Uchiha) and his parents.

"That sounds good. By being one of Sarutobi sensei's anbu, no one will question that they haven't seen you around before. But what about your henge, someone's bound to recognize that blond hair?"

Naruto then smiled and put on his old leaf headband to which he had used fuinjutsu to tie the henge to. His messy, blond locks then turned a reddish orange which looked like a mix between Kurama's fur and his mother's hair. His eyes which over the years had darkened a few shades stayed the same as they weren't the same as when he was young.  The nostalgic three whisker marks on his face had also disappeared. 

Jiraiya's face was so comical, Naruto had to let out a laugh. The sannin squawked, "You know how to tie a henge to something using fuinjutsu?! That's master class!" 

"Well I am a fuinjutsu master."

Hiruzen interrupted to save Jiraiya from further shock, "We know you are extremely over powered, Naruto. Now, I'm assuming for your living quarters, you'd like to be next to your younger self?"

Naruto nodded, "Yes, please. That way I can be there for him if any of the villagers try anything."

Both Sarutobi and Jiraiya looked guilty at this, but Naruto waved them off.  "Now, I'll get going to set up my apartment. We can discuss more tomorrow morning."

Then Naruto set off into Konoha for the start of what promised to be a wonderful opportunity to save everyone.