Chapter 11

Okay, I really am apologetic to those of you who read this. I've had semester exams to study for and complete, christmas to worry about, and I've been sick.

Anywho, I hope you enjoy this chapter. :)

/./././././

After the sun came up, we decided it was time to go get ready for the long day ahead of us.

I went to my room with I smile on my face. I put on a light yellow cashmere sweater, blue skinny jeans, and tan flats. I quickly brushed my teeth and hair, and put my hair up into a neat ponytail. I put on light mascara and clear lip-gloss, which was odd, because I hardly ever wore make-up. I put a sprits of perfume on before I dashed out of the portrait hole.

Unbelievable, I was still smiling brightly as I walked down the moving stairways and through the corridors toward the Great Hall. Why I was smiling in the first place, I had no idea.

***

"Well don't you just look bright and happy this morning." Ginny told me as I took a bite of my toast with strawberry jam.

"Why wouldn't I be? It's a beautiful day, and I have nothing and no one to ruin my wondrous mood." I said with another smile.

"You spoke to soon, Charlotte. Malfoy just walked in." Hermione said; her frown appeared as quickly as my eyes darted towards the doors.

She was right. Malfoy waltzed in. He wore a thin navy tee, casual black jeans, and, to my first notice of him ever wearing these, a pair of plain, new converse.

His platinum hair looked perfect as always, his muscles were broadly showing through his tee, and as soon as his amazing grey eyes caught mine, he smiled and kept walking towards the Slytherin table.

Ginny smirked and opened her mouth to say something, but Ron interrupted. "What's Malfoy so happy about? Yesterday, if I recall, he was in a relatively dreary mood." Ron scowled as he stuffed a big spoon-full of corn flakes into his mouth.

"Ron, do you ever stop eating?" Harry asked, as if he didn't know.

"As I was about to say," She sent a deathly glare over to Ron, and Ron gave her an innocent look back, "I seen what happened there between you two." Ginny grinned before she took a drink of her pumpkin juice.

I gazed at her for a long moment. "You mean Dra- , I mean Malfoy? We are just friends, Ginny, and nothing more." I explained, a little heat sizzling the pale skin of my cheeks.

"Charlotte, how could you perfectly loath someone one day, then be friends with them the next?" Hermione questioned, looking rather confused, which happens very rarely.

Luckily, the boys were oblivious to what we were talking about. They, on the other hand, were in a dense conversation about Quidditch.

"I actually have absolutely no idea." I spoke softly, surprising myself that I really didn't have a clue. How did Malfoy and I, of all people, become friends within, well, not even a day?

I was deep in thought, the question ringing through my mind, trying to find an answer that was plausible.

"Hello, earth to Charlotte?" Ginny asked, trying to gain back my attention.

"Oh, sorry, what is it?" I asked her, in a daze of flurried thoughts. Hermione and she laughed softly.

"Someone daydreaming?" Hermione smiled.

"No." I told them seriously.

"Well, what I was just saying was, I got a letter in the post this morning..." She trailed off, hinting that we should ask who sent it.

"Who from?" I finally asked.

"The Captain of the Holyhead Harpies, Elena Degambur; she asked me to come in for next season's try-outs." She told us excitedly. A few players had taken an early retirement, we had found out from last Thursday's edition of the Daily Prophet.

Harry and Ron had already known, of course, otherwise they'd be listening. Instead, they were both eating loads of food before today's match against Hufflepuff. They both were decked in their Quidditch uniforms.

Hermione and I greatly congratulated her. Quidditch was all the five of us talked about, as we finished up our breakfast. Harry and Ron left for the Quidditch pitch before us to prepare for the match. Meanwhile, the three of us headed towards our common rooms before went to the Quidditch pitch.