Chapter 3

Readers:

Ugh. Today wasn't a very good day. I've been feeling like I would puke up slugs any minute. (Flashback to Ron in the second HP film.:) ) Anyways, this will be the highlight of my day. Enjoy the chapter. :)

###

Luckily, today is Saturday. No worries, just relief and relaxation. But no, Malfoy had to mess it all up for me. His mood swings are really giving me whiplash, and a few mixed signals. What were his intentions? He’d been getting along just fine for the past seven years picking on me, and now he wanted comfort from me, out of all the people in the school, he chose me to get sympathy and comfort from. He probably knew I would give in, be kind enough to help him with his problems. That’s just the person he is, an arrogant, scheming, lying, narcissistic, malicious Slytherin. All he wanted to do was to hurt me, like always. I had contemplated the subject, thinking it might’ve been a dream. But, somehow, I just knew; knew it was real, and knew that I hadn’t dreamt, or imagined the entire thing.

          I sighed heavily. I was in Gryffindor common room in the girls’ dormitory visiting Hermione and Ginny.

          “What’s wrong Charlotte?” Hermione enquired. “Oh, it’s nothing. Don’t worry about it.” I replied softly. The conversation had caught Ginny’s attention now.

          “Come on Charlotte, we know something’s bothering you.” Ginny prompted kindly, wanting me to tell her. I pondered for a moment, deciding it over.

          “Alright.” I told them both, giving in. They put all their attention on me, and it made me feel uncomfortable.

          “Well… Malfoy came storming in the common room last night…” I began. “And he was, well, upset.”

          Ginny interrupted. “You mean angry or…” She questioned. By the look on both Ginny and Hermione’s face, they had already caught on to what I meant.

          “He was actually… sad?” Hermione asked in disbelief. They both looked dumbfounded.

          “He was crying, too. Not sobbing, only a few tears.” I explained unequivocally.

          “Why was he so distraught?” Ginny asked curiously. “Greengrass cheated on him with Zabini.” I told them. I looked down, thinking of how they would react to what I was about to tell them.

          I got up quickly, beginning to leave. “Where are you going?” Hermione asked drastically, standing up from her seat on her four-poster bed. Ginny stood up as well.

          “What were you going to say?” I turned around swiftly to face them. “I’ll tell you later.” I told them before I left Gryffindor common room, heading towards my own.