Chapter 9

Dear Amazing Readers:

Did any of you see Breaking Dawn Part 2? I did! This past Thursday. It was Fantastic!

So... anyone excited for Thanksgiving this coming Thursday? (Well, for those of you who celebrate it.) Yum. Food. Lots and lots of food.:) Haha.

One last thing, for those of you who actually read this, can you PLEASE recommend, vote, and comment? It helps. Thanks and Enjoy.:)

^.^.^.^

A sly, smug smile appeared across his lips.

          “Have a great view, Kington?” He asked, putting his hands behind his head, his muscles flexing while doing so.

          “No. All I see is an arrogant jerk lying on the couch.” I told him, turning around and walking back to my room.

          “Wait, Kington, I’m sorry. It’s just; can you help me with this bloody Charms essay?”

          I stopped in my tracks and turned around silently. “And why would I do that?” I asked.

          “Because you’re the most brilliant bookworm I’ve ever met.”  He looked at me with his big, stormy grey eyes. They had an unusual glimmer in them, again.

          “Oh, alright. But, you’ll owe me one, Malfoy. And, there’s no need to suck up. ” I smiled. He rolled his eyes and sat up, running his hand through his hair and yawning. I noticed a hint of a smirk played on his lips.

          I walked over and sat a little distance away from him on the couch, while staring at the mound of a mess that lay atop the table.

          “I’d say you’re a bit behind on homework Malfoy.” I smirked.

          “I got all of it done except for Charms.” He explained with a bored expression planted on his face.  

          “Okay. Well,” I grabbed some parchment, a quill, and his Charms textbook off of the table in front of us, “let’s get started. Shall we?”

          Starting the essay wasn’t so bad, that was the easy part. All we had to do was describe the certain charms and to tell when and how to use them. Though once we got to conjuring them, it became a bit of a predicament.

          “Just keep trying Draco, you’ll get it eventually.” I told him softly. I could tell his patience was thinning.

          “Expecto Patronum.” He mumbled; his famous scowling expression showing. It did the same thing as the other ten attempts. The silver glow flickered, and blew out like a light at the tip of his wand.

          “Maybe you’re not getting the wand movement right. Here, let me help you.” I hadn’t really thought through what I was doing. I felt a warm, tingling sensation at my fingertips as my hand touched his. I wanted to quickly yank my hand away like I normally would have, but, somehow, this felt right.

          I kept my hand where it was. I looked up into his face and his expression was totally blank, but his eyes shown emotion. They glimmered like big, deep, grey orbs. That unusual glimmer was showing, and I wondered greatly what it meant.

          “Expecto Patronum.” He said once again, the end of his mouth pulled up into a quirk of a smile.

          Suddenly, a silver mist spurred out of his wand, twirling in unique spirals. Then, as we forwarded our attention on the light instead of each other, the silver spirals turned into a fuzzy little creature, soaring through and around us. It was, we figured out, a ferret. I burst out with laughter, unlike Draco, which was scowling his famous scowl.