Last Breaths

Um, hi. Ok. So, I... Can't remember how I got into this mess. All I remember is running away from something... Or was it someone? As I said, I can't remember. It’s raining pretty hard at the moment, and I am currently sitting on a drenched step outside somebodies’ door trying to formulate an escape plan and where to go once- I meant IF I escape. The rain is pouring down significantly quicker than what I would have liked it to, and every so often, I can hear thunder rumbling as if there was a small tremor a few miles away. However, I can't ponder about the weather now, I need to run away from whatever is chasing me. I continued running away from whatever entity was running towards me. Anyway, did I miss something? Oh yes, introductions... okay, yes- well... my name is Rica, I'm 16, and I am going through one of the scariest experiences in my life. A life-or-death experience if you couldn’t tell by the enormous lack of detail and the scruffy, sudden leap into the introduction and situation I am currently in. I don’t know what I have done to deserve this exactly, but I guess I must have done something pretty atrocious to get something so terrifying happen so suddenly. As I stopped to reclaim my breath, I heard a shuffling noise, and I felt a painful tugging feeling around my stomach area. I was frozen stiff in shock as I felt a wet sensation throughout my whole body. A shiver went up my spine as multiple viscid organs were torn out of my body through the lower part of my torso area. My eyes lit up in terror, and I made one last scream that ended far too quickly. The scream turned into a shriek that turned into a sharp exhale, and then I collapsed onto the hard, cold ground. As I was fading in and out of consciousness, I felt whatever was chasing me before I collapsed, tearing my organs out one by one. My liver, my lungs, my kidneys, my heart, and finally, my intestines. That was the point that I lost all consciousness in my body and died. None of my family members knew what happened to me until after the police saw me lying there and broke the news to them. The next day, the alleged “incident” was broadcast on the evening news as a homicide case. The last thing I remember feeling is a moment of freedom... As if... My soul left my body... Or... I left... My body. From then on, I was doomed to walk the world alone... or... Was I alone? I didn't really know anymore.