Chapter 9- The Confession

"...Rica... promise me you won't take this the wrong way." I nodded, feeling sorrowful. A shiver went up my spine while hearing that. He took a sharp breath and said, "Rica... your mother killed you." I stood there paralysed in shock. My eyes watered up. As the tears started streaming down my face and said "WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS CHARLOTTE?!? WHY?!" Mr. Peggie looked on in confusion. "Wait, Charlotte? No, no... Rico."
I got confused "Rico?" I said, "who's Rico?" Mr. Peggie sighed. "Your BIOLOGICAL mother." "Biological? So... Charlotte... isn't my REAL mother?" I asked, my face heating up. "Yeah, she's your step mum and your "brother" is your stepbrother. Your “sister” is your half-sister" Now this was hard to take in, so I asked "Why have I never seen her. Did she die after my birth?" "... yes" Mr. Peggie said. "But you have seen her once before. She died the same way you did just hours after your birth." I was paralysed in shock "But I don't know anyone called Rico. When did I see her?" I asked. "...........When you grasped at your stomach." Mr. Peggie replied. "!?!" I gasped audibly "I didn't see anyone. I was temporarily blinded by the light on the garage roof." Mr. Peggie sighed impatiently making me feel extremely bad and guilty for not fully believing him. “Listen you saw "smoke" right?" He asked "...right." I replied both scared and curious. "That was HER." I was frozen in shock from what he just said. Now bear in mind that this is a lot to take in. This was a lot of pressure and it's clear to see that Mr. Peggie had a lot of courage to say what he said. I never knew I had a stepmother and step siblings this whole time. Dad never told me. I always wondered why my "mum" didn't represent me physically nor seem to care about me whatsoever however my dad always dismissed the question. So, while I was walking along that night with an energy drink and my phone in hand(s) I saw smoke and a dark figure running towards me, then after that happened, we got to where we are now. "Ok so Rico is my REAL mum but... what happened to her?" Mr. Peggie suddenly went silent and tilted his head down. "Well... when you were just born you were born prematurely so you were too early, and you got placed in an incubator and your parents went home. Your dad then said that he had an affair with another woman and that he no longer needed her. He then proceeded to kill her the same way you got killed." I covered my mouth in shock as my eyes teared up. "She... she got discarded too?" "Yes... I'm sorry." He said. “It's fine, but why would she kill me just to leave me with no protection?" Mr. Peggie paused. He didn't seem to like that question. He sighed abruptly?” I asked “So, you gain a soul bond.” I listened in curiosity as he finished his explanation. "A what?" I asked, "what's that?" He sighed. "A soul bond is a way spirits can connect with each other. It is a rule of thumb that if two people die the same way their soul connects to the other. Unfortunately, after she killed you, she had a concert to go to. So, she had to flee." "I... I want to see her." I said concerned about what might happen to me. But timid as I was, I felt determined to see her and talk to my REAL mum. Mr. Peggie took a minute to mentally unravel what I just said. "You do?" he asked, surprised that I voluntarily decided to meet my murderer. "Yeah" I replied. "Heh. Well... I can help with that.