Chapter 11- Meeting Rico

We had a long conversation about what my step mum was like. He seemed shocked when he heard all of this. "Your step mum is a-" He stopped abruptly as I stared at him. I was certain that I saw his pupil shrink. Either that or the word changed from "haha" to "fear". He got scared and didn't say another word for 2-5 minutes. It was understandable why after he saw that gory display, the bloody massacre inside the dead silent house. I already killed not just them but their spirit again. And Mr. Peggie witnessed ALL of it. After a little while he apologised quietly and we changed the subject of the conversation. "Mr. Peggie?" I asked. "Yeah? Is everything ok?" He nervously replied. "Why do you have an eye for a head? If you're ok with answering that of course." I said. He sighed. "Well... I only had one eye. Someone stabbed it out or the socket and it got infected. I got reincarnated like this." "So how did you die of laughter?" I asked, confused. "Someone disguised monkey brain in my meal. Due to the disease called kuru being a transmittable disease via monkey and human brain consumption, I caught it. One of the symptoms is uncontrollable laughter and I died because of it." I felt bad for him. He seems innocent enough. Or... is he innocent? "Were you a good person?" I could sense the guilt in him. A strong guilt. One that requires you to feel bad about something awful. "I... I once yelled at one of my best friends because I got really mad at him while we were talking to each other and I left to go home, but he was getting followed and I didn't know. He..." he starts to tear up. "He got shot and I have never forgiven myself for it. If I knew, I would have stayed." I stood in shock. He thought all of that was HIS fault. I gave him a hug to help calm him down. After a short while he calmed down and we continued to hover over the blood covered street. It was quiet for a bit but then some souls blocked our path "Hey look. It's the weird poltergeist with a little girl. How did you die twerp? Died of cleaning?" They said. I wanted to stab them and watch the blood flow out their throats and Mr. Peggie clearly knew that from my vacant expression. "Don't. Do. It." He whispered to me. I sighed. "Well I died from getting hung by my intestines and if you don't get out of our way I swear to god you will be the ones hanging from them!" I said gradually getting louder as I speak. It shut them up for sure. Mr. Peggie looked impressed. No not impressed, PROUD. I have never seen him like that. The souls backed away slowly but scared none-the-less. We continued on the bright red path, now shining brighter than ever before. The path looked like a red glow stick. It lit up oh so bright. So bright I thought I would go blind. We walked for about an hour and then Mr. Peggie stopped walking. I got a bit confused and stopped as well. "Why have we stopped?" I asked. "We're here." he explained. I stood. there in excitement. I can finally, after so long see my biological mother. The excitement washed away the sorrow of being a lone spirit, doomed to walk the earth alone forever. I was finally happy. I asked where she was and was told that she was preforming on stage 1 which was to the left. I got going and after 3 minutes I found stage 1. I went in, Mr. Peggie behind me. I hear the music and feel the vibrations pulse through me. Good to know that some things don't change in the spirit world. I went through the crowed and, after the song ended, I applauded as always. However... It got her attention! I started to get very excited to get closer to her. Being a FAMILY. She spots me and hovers off the stage faster than the souls I scared away. She floated towards me and hugged me tight, tears streaming down her face. I hugged her back sobbing into her shoulder. "Rica... my baby girl is all grown up. After 16 years I have finally seen you again." She said. "I am so happy to see you too. After all these years of being deceived I finally know about you." I replied. At this point I forgot that Mr. Peggie even existed until he said. "Excuse me? Your fans are being a bit of a pain and they are hurting me severely please may one of you two be of some assistance?" "Oh god!" Me and Rico laughed. After we helped him and calmed the roaring crowed down I got hoisted onto the stage by Rico and Mr. Peggie. I stopped dead in my tracks. I didn't know what they were thinking I was going to do... until Rico grasped at the microphone and stated, "EVERYBODY HERE TONIGHT! AFTER 16 YEARS... I HAVE FINALLY BEEN REUNITED WITH MY 16 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER!" The crowed cheered and applauded. It sounded like lightning crashing and thunder rumbling. It sounded great. I was hovering over the big stage for once actually feeling good about myself. My mind went light and empty then I got an idea. I whispered to my mum, "Can I sing something?" She seemed shocked but she allowed it. "Everyone, Rica is going to sing something for us all." The crowed went silent. It was very ominous how silent it was. The silence was so deafening that I could hear my ears ringing. I loved it yet it hurt. So I broke the silence, I cleared my throat and started to sing. I started to sing a song I vaguely remember listening to in the human world a lot. The song was slow and sombre. I sang rather loud into the mic. It felt amazing, like my soul left me. The lyrics took me months to learn and I would sing it all the time. After I finished the audience was silent. I let out a sharp exhale. "Thank you." I said timidly, and to my surprise the entire place exploded with applaud. Even Mr. Peggie clapped. I felt amazing. I felt free. I felt... like myself. For once I felt in control. And it felt amazing.