Honeymoon

I was frozen in horror at what lay before me. Quirin stood encased in the golden ember. The image moved to a pair being dragged away. My mind was racing as I tried to make sense of the situation when suddenly, I recognized one of the figures - Varian, tears streaming down his face, his expression wracked with disbelief and despair. She watched as he and the other individual were thrown into a holding prison. The cell bars were made of an ominous black rock, and Cassandra's boot hitting them echoed ominously through the chamber.
I was brought back into reality. My eyes were struck with a bright light, which soon turned into a soft green as my eyes focused on a cover of leaves above me. I turned my attention to the landscapes of Terapi Island. I saw Eugene to my right, resting peacefully on a lounge chair made of a bamboo trunk."Eugene!!" I yelled, not thinking clearly while gripping his arm to ensure he was paying attention. "What?" He spoke tiredly with a hint of concern.
"I saw Cass-...Varian.!.. " His attention widened at the sound of their names. "-they were trapped in this dungeon in the dark kingdom." he stood up as I continued talking, my eyes following his motions. "...Andrew he...!!?!..Quirin-."Tears gripped my eyes as I was caught off guard by two gentle, rough hands rubbing against my shoulders. "Blondes...It was just a dream. I'm sure everything is fine...I know you're worried about Corona, but this was the best option to keep everyone safe-." All I could do was nod, knowing he wouldn't understand the dream and how real it appeared.
The visions have kept circling in my mind for days, each with a different, the same conclusion of...defeat."-as long as the Saporians have us, they will have no reason to attack." I must have dozed off after realizing he was still trying to comfort me with his confusing explanations. I breathed in fully, releasing it in one sentence, "Are you sure?" The sentence took him entirely by surprise. His eyes were wide like it had never occurred to him that he could be wrong? He let out a soft sigh, his eyes angled at the grains of gold below him, showing me he wasn't sure and looking like he didn't even have a choice. His feature shook off the expression, revealing a confident, goofy smolder. "Are you really asking that question?" He raised his eyebrow with him, still holding his smolder, making me laugh. With each soft stroke, my eyes turned to the sparkling blue ribbons creeping closer to the lounge chairs.
Bringing me back to the worry, I swallowed, "What if...it doesn't, though...... there is no possible way to get everyone out in time-." He leaned over to my ear, his hair tickling my cheek. "Don't worry, I have this handled?"
"Remember the last time you said that?" He chuckled in my ear, sending chives through me. "The bimberry incident..Huh, I'm never going to live that down."
"NOPE! Especially since you made the mistake twice!?" He nodded to himself as I mockingly answered. My smile returned to a frown. As Eugene softly kissed my cheek as he went back to lounging. His sandaled foot reached over to grip mine in comfort."Hey!?" Eugene fell off his chair at the sound of my father a few inches away. Tanning on a towel with shades protecting him from the blinding globe."What did I say three inches-," he held up three fingers motioning between him and me. "-but the boy still won't listen." He turned to Mom, who just shook her head with a smile, gazing back down at her journal, adding an entry for the event unfolding."Doesn't he realize that we sleep together?" He loudly spoke to me, and I snorted. "I heard you," Father snatched up a vicuña drink from one of the passing Lorbs.
"Fredrick, be kind. They are married, after all." Mom softly put. "So - that doesn't mean they can play toes-is in my presents." He stood, followed by Eugene, scowled playfully as he stood up, his arms crossed over his chest, ready for a fight. His eyes traced to mine, seeing what I would do. Chittering silently to myself, I accepted the bait. Gripping Eugean's shoulder softly while still laying down comfortably.
He smiled, abandoning his competitive manner. Nodding to Father, showing his surrender. His majesty accepted victory as he kneeled down (placing his ice-cold beverage deep in the warm sand), searching for rare turtle eggs to add to his collection. Finally relaxed, Eugene returned to his chair with my hand still lingering. He gripped it, his eyes turning to me. "Don't worry, Sunshine," he brushed back a strand of brown hair. "I'm sure Cassandra is already on her way...if anyone can protect Corona, it's her." I smiled at the thought of my best friend's return.

***

When I mentioned Cassandra, I was instantly filled with dread. I turned to look at my beloved father-in-law, who gave me a sharp look before continuing his search. I looked at Rapunzel, her eyes closed, embracing the sunshine that had once been a part of her. I thought we were making the right choice when deciding what to do with Cass, but now...would she even help us? As I was lost in thought, my eyes were drawn to movement in my periphery. I turned towards the source and saw a striking woman with fiery red, curly hair. Her arms were adorned with intricate tattoos, and she stood confidently before me, her hands resting on her hips.
At that moment, a sense of unease washed over me, and my heart quickened as she spoke. "You remember me, don't you? But don't worry if you don't because soon enough, you will," she said, her voice laced with a hint of menace.