2

TW: death

I never was able to find my family, after all those years all I could assume is they were killed when I was taken. A year after I had escaped that winter dungeon, I was approached by a woman well known for being her ability to heal. Her name was Sage, she had told me that a group called Valorant had been keeping their eyes on me ever since I escaped and thought it would be a good time to finally talk. At first I was a little wary about this offer, but I agreed to follow anyways. If I had found myself in a place that I had been in before I could always just pull the same stunt. Sage introduced me to the crew leader- Brimstone. They were both very welcoming to me so I accepted the offer to become an agent who works with valorant. The job was simple get in watch for the attackers if the planted the spike defuse it and get out of there.

Now we are here. Sitting in a jet that will drop us off in Venice of Italy. The site was called Ascent it was very fitting as we approached, the site seemed to be hovering in the sky. As I got up from my spot in the jet I grabbed the weapon I used while training with brimstone. It was called the phantom, easy to use but still causing enough damage if I encountered the attackers.

"Y/n, are you all ready to go?" Sage asked

"Ready as I'll ever be" I replied to her

The agents who were joining us on the mission were Phoenix and Jett who seemed to be very close to one another, and cypher. Brimstone thought this would be a nice setup for the site we are working with and boss knows best am I right? I grabbed all the ammo I needed and made sure everything was secure. When the jet landed everyone walked out carefully. Sage had told us to split into groups while Cypher was left to manage site B. Jett and Phoenix would watch mid and Sage and I would watch site A.

"So Eris ice and snow right?" S

"Yeah. "

I was short with her as I didn't feel comfortable with her know to much but I didn't want the conversation to die.

"I've heard lots about you ya know, I think it's pretty cool that I get to stand here like right next to you"

"Oh really that's great" S

It started to feel awkward when over coms I hear Cypher whisper yell that multiple enemies have been spotted. As of that Sage and I started running over to site B. Just when we got in range of the site we masked our footsteps so we wouldn't get caught. Over the coms I heard Phoenix say he's going in, right when he cuts off I hear his ultimate start and he rushes in to site. Sage and I hear a bunch of shots being fired and Phoenix ends up back where he is.

"Two in boathouse and three others protecting the spike" Phoenix yells over coms

"Okay" Sage says

Sage then slows off boathouse while I smoke off corners with my icy snowcloud I signal Phoenix and Jett in while they rush in I follow behind and defend them from the attackers. Shooting and killing as I cringe from their bodies falling. I then soon realize they look exactly like Sage, Phoenix, and Cypher. Jett finishes off the last two kills. One has a purpleish good with a shadow face and the other is wearing vibrant clothing with some kind of tech that looks like pills coming out of her pocket.

"Why do these guys look like you?"

"These are clones" Jett says

"This is the threat and the price we must pay to help with the world" S

I shake my head in disbelief as Cypher defuses the spike. "So who are those people?" I point over to the two I don't know "That would be the Omen clone and Killjoy clone you will meet them when we get back to base " Sage says to me. " how am I supposed to know if I'm not shooting someone I am working with?" I asked "We have these cool thingys that put an outline over us and the enemies that shows who is ally and enemy, enemy's are red and we are cyan" Phoenix says.

When Cypher is done defusing the spike he gets up "We should head back to the jet guys before other people could possibly show up" "Okay" Sage agrees

On the way back in the jet I wonder what I got myself into and if I am worthy enough of helping people like this and protecting people.

After all I am just a murderer