montage . jisung

--------------------------------
A/N: HELLO first, I want to say THANK YOU FOR 3K reads! You guys are amazing, and I want to apologise for not updating for so long... I hope you like this read!

genre: vlog/film/flashback au, 1st person POV
--------------------------------

Present Day

1.04 p.m.

See you on the other side! This phrase, Jisung and I used to say when we were in a long distance relationship. I loved to film clips of us, add sweet messages in between the videos, and send it to him - the memories tucked away safely in each other's hearts.

I had an old vlog camera I used to take on trips with me when I was little. Videography, editing and all things related to photography interested me, and I never lost the habit. I saw mine and Jisung's life together as a montage of memories, each scene unfolding, a roller coaster of emotions and trials we faced together, a photo book that told the story of two lovers. These montages allowed me to remember us, to watch us grow up, and they were dear to me, in a way I could not explain.

Today, it is mine and Jisung's tenth anniversary, a whole decade since he proposed to me in the secret garden of ours. I carefully rummage for the old vlog camera to watch our lives unfold through film - a tradition of mine on every anniversary.

I pull out the first clip, taken fourteen years back. We were seventeen, the early December snow fresh and glistening outside our school. Swan Lake, I remember, as if it were just yesterday.

~

2007, December 12

4.44p.m.

EXT Lakeside - Light

A teenage girl -- this is Y/N -- laces up her ivory coloured ice-skating boots, tying double knots on each side. She wears a maroon wool beanie, a matching overcoat, her hands warm in pale peach gloves. All around her, snow falls in miniature mounds, and a few children are plodding cheerfully through the white blanket.

A teenage boy -- this is JISUNG -- offers his hand to the girl. She takes it, smiling, and stands up shakily, wobbling on her skates. The boy adjusts the camera angle such that a frozen lake is seen, with a magnificent statue of an elegant swan sculpted prominently in the middle of the ice -- this is SWAN LAKE.

***

" Take it easy, y/n, you're going to fall!" Jisung throws his head back, laughing at me as I spin around on the ice, arms outstretched and suddenly pulling in to gain momentum.

"Relax, Jisung, I'm having way too much fun!" I skate in a figure-of-eight motion, the sound of sharp blades scraping the surface of the ice slicing through the air. My cheeks are flushed red from the cold, and from the exhilaration of being out in the ice, the flutter of butterflies in my stomach as I reach for my boyfriend's hand.

Jisung skids to a gradual stop, but overestimates the distance between me and him. His eyes widen as I squeal, and we both tumble in a heap of limbs on the rink, dizzy with laughter. Awkwardly, we attempt to pick ourselves up while padded with thick layers of clothing, holding on to each other's arms to keep balance. Even though I've held his hands more times than I can count, Jisung's touch sends warm shivers down my spine, and I subconsciously bite my cheek to keep myself from smiling ridiculously at such a small interaction. By this time, Jisung and I had been dating for four months, but each time we met we would find new sides of ourselves we never dared to confront alone, deeper and complicated feelings that only our partner could decipher.

"Come on," Jisung slides his hand into mine.

We glide on the ice, side by side, looping the lake. Jisung's eyes form two small crescent moons, glimmering as he spins me around and around. My arms wrap around my chest in a cross, allowing the wind to rip through my hair, to lose myself in the winter, in love. We look like we have choreographed an elaborate dance on ice, falling away from each other, only to end up back in each other's embrace. We move, faster, faster, faster. Reckless, young, dangerous. There was no world, no noise, just us, alive and free.